AIr Con Problems...

darkfibre

Reaction score
So...I bought an S3 yesterday, runs as sweet as a nut, A/C wasn't blowing cold air so naturally I had it gassed (today) - still no joy. Now I am worried. I have turned ECON off, put it on auto and on LO but it's still not ice cold.

What sort of price am I looking at in a worst case scenario and can anyone lend me any advice, perhaps a recommended repairer? I'm based in London.

Many thanks...

I've got an 8L S3 which was regassed before I bought it (well, I think so - I have a receipt for it!)... but never has blown that cold.

By not blowing cold air do you mean not at all colder than ambient, or just not quite as cold as you'd expect?

Mine is exactly the same, I'll be taking mine back at some point to get this issue resolved. Was regassed when I bought it.

Basically it was something like 28 degrees today and the regassing made not one bit of difference to the air in the car. This is why I'm worried.

yeah, mine doesn't make much difference to the temperature inside the car (well, not quickly, anyway). The air is cold if I put my hand on the vents though - I'd always chalked it up to the aircon unit being too weedy! Would be interesting to hear from anyone else if their aircon is really efficient...

I don't think the air con or should we call it climate control is that great in the S3 just like the so-called bose stereo system - they really are not up to scratch.

Yeh, the air con after a long while driving does get cooler , but you can never seem to get it too cold on a very hot summer's day ! I don't believe it has anythuing to do with it needing re-gassing. Is their a difference in it being climate control ?
The other a car a fiesta (year 2000) and has no climate control just air con and that after a while gets so cold you have to keep switching it lower or off and then back on again as the temp rises.

I wouldn't say I ever get too cold, like you do in some cars, but I think it's adequate. It's always cooled me down enough. I find that if you put it on recirculation after it's been on for 5-10 mins it seems to get a little bit colder.

Has anyone got any advice at the sort of cost I could be looking at to get this repaired?

Just to let you all know I've had this resolved - I had two exposed wires leading back to the compressor. Had these patched up and now works, thanks to 4Rings. Gary was great and solved the issue in under an hour! :)