Newbie advice required

zseth

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i am on the verge of buying an S3 and wanted to know the following for a car i want to go and see:

is there anyway of figuring out if the cambelt has been changed as there is no receipt?

also is there any tell tale signs apart from power of the car having a remap? again no receipt?

and should the car have a split second delay in acceleration when suddenly planting foot down in third or fourth gear ? i have heard that as the power is being sent to the rear wheels there is a slight delay?

regards and hope to be a good part of this forum

What type of delay are you on about with regards to power delivery? Say @3k revs off boost, and you floor it, there is a delay for the turbo to spool up before you get the full power/torque to come in, it's normal for a turbo charged car. As for delay of the power getting send to the rear wheels, it's like a fraction of a second, I doubt you'd feel it during normal, or even quick driving, unless the surface is slippery.

The owner advised me that its normal but im curious as to why he mentioned it if it is normal.

He said if you are driving in third gear and decide to floor it there is a split second delay, if you floor it from the lights for example then its fine.

The owner advised me that its normal but im curious as to why he mentioned it if it is normal.

He said if you are driving in third gear and decide to floor it there is a split second delay, if you floor it from the lights for example then its fine.

Best thing for you to do is to test a few S3's to be sure the power delay is the same for all. If it was a 3.2 V6 N/A, then power would be instant, but in turbo cars, there's always a small delay.

thanks guys, went to drive it and although there was no delay, there was no feel of a remap either!

gave it a miss and still looking for the right one

take your time, the right one will come up with all the goodies and extras you require

s3-2.jpg

i am chuffed with it ian, and always wanted it in black with black interior!

thanks doc, now just got to find excuses to use the car lol, since buying it have not had time or reason to go out in it!

if theres no reciepts dont bother, if you look after your car spend alot of money on it then your ll be sure to keep the reciepts.