Remap Prep

Keefy

Reaction score
So, seeing a recent headlight issue swallowed my remap money, it seems I've got to wait a month or so before I can get a CC Stage 1 on my 2001 AMK.
I've just swapped out my old fluttery DV for a new OEM one, and I'll check as mine pipes as I can for splits, but is there anything else I can be doing or checking before it goes to be mapped?

Do a quick VAGCOM SCAN to see if any codes are throwing up something else.

Buy some spare coilpacks as these seem prone to fail after a remap is done (had to change 2 on mine).

Other than checking your hoses, give it a basic service and you are good to go.

FYI place down the road is doing a CC remap for £200! So Iam sure that other CC people will be offering something similar for last minute sales.

Also you may wish to declare the mod on your insurance - I did for peace of mind it cost and extra £80 on my car so may well be worth doing it - stick anyother female over 25 down as well as this will reduce the premium by a similar amount to counteract the cost.

Plug gaps... regap plugs to 0.7mm...

Did you sort the headlight out in the end mate?

<tuffty/>

Cheers guys. Compiling a list and ordering a couple of coilpacks now :)

Did you sort the headlight out in the end mate?
<tuffty/>

Swapped the motors over and still didn't get it to raise high enough. Ended up having to get a complete new unit. They offered me an aftermarket one for £280, or the OEM unit for £500. Went for the Audi one as the aftermarket version was laughable. Cheers for having a squint at it t'other day - hopefully chat websites with you and Bill soon.

@ JesterS3 - Where's doing CC maps for 200?!

...Swapped the motors over and still didn't get it to raise high enough. Ended up having to get a complete new unit. They offered me an aftermarket one for £280, or the OEM unit for £500. Went for the Audi one as the aftermarket version was laughable...

Rubbarsh :(

It was a bit ******** at the adjusters though so maybe for the best...

...Cheers for having a squint at it t'other day - hopefully chat websites with you and Bill soon...

No probs mate... not sure if I am there tonight now but there Saturday fo' sho'!

<tuffty/>

id have a look for the inevitable split breather hose

Hello; where I got mine done: http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk/ they are based in Aldermaston near Reading. They did my Custom Code Stage 1 Remap.

Agree on the split hose - had the old 17705 code - this came down to two seperate splits in two different hoses.

The £200 for the CC was that for the S3? that is really cheap, id be tempted!

JBS in Chesterfield do it for £350 will new filter and Forge 007P DV. Most places will do those checks for you before mapping if you ask.

Massive difference over standard. I'd have gone without lights!!! :)

Haha yer Mr MOT is never a fun guy :-( my lights arent too great, pointing too low too :-( Dont want to buy new ones like you had too

Hi, i understand that the stage 2 remap from revo is for aftermarket components like exhausts ect.. iv got a cat back installed on mine, and was thinking of getting my car remapped, would that mean id have to go for stage 2? not stage 1?

cheers

Hi, i understand that the stage 2 remap from revo is for aftermarket components like exhausts ect.. iv got a cat back installed on mine, and was thinking of getting my car remapped, would that mean id have to go for stage 2? not stage 1?

cheers

your would still be stage one I would imagine.