Anybody else noticed RUST BUBBLES ??????

Wheel Pimp

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was reading the thread in the "Stickies" section about the dreaded rust bubbles on the rails.

Since then ive noticed a few more than just the rails. I have it on my Passenger door and O/S/Rear wheel arch. The door is miniscule but its still there.
Has anyone else had this problem or did you just have it on the rails?

Ive spoken to a few friends who also have the legendary S3 around the same reg year as mine (2000) and only one of them has it!
His car is going into the Audi bodyshop in Gloucester within the next few weeks to be done.

I also noticed in the original thread that some dealerships refuse the work because they say its been left too long.
Am i right in thinking that the Anti-Corrosion warranty is 12 years? If so then mine should be ok..
It has had one side resprayed in the past but i dont know where or when it was done. Should this be a problem?

Any help would be appreciated guys... Cheers in advance

When the dealer say that its been left too long they dont mean that you are claiming outside the warranty period (which is 12 years). They mean that you have left the rust for too long that it has got to a state that is deemed too bad for it to be covered by the warranty. So if you do have rust, dont leave it for a year because they will refuse you. Go get it looked at asap

Also, they do a paint test on the car. The paint test measures the thickness of the paint i think, if they find that the section or panel with the offending rust has been resprayed by a non-audi approved bodyshop then they are likely to refuse it. If the rust is on a panel that hasn't been resprayed, even if some other panel has been, then hopefully it should be fine.

Ive got a couple at the bottom of each rear wing in front of the wheels coming from insides!

Put a claim in with audi uk with local dealer to get them to sort the crap!

Joke!

Hi, just stumbled upon this post, and it caught my eye! I have a 1999 A3 sport 1.6, and noticed a tiny bubble on the edge of the roof gutter - is this where you mean?! I was not aware of a 12 year anti-corrosion warranty - as the owner for the last 2 years, and being the 3rd registered keeper, will I be covered to get this sorted? And is it as easy as just going into the audi dealer?!

Anyone got any tips for replacing the nearside sidelight bulb - the battery seems to be in the way!!?

I popped into the dealer in Bath (where the Mrs lives) yesterday and was told i would have to go to Gloucester due to the fact thats where i live!

Fair enough i said so i went on my merry way.....

In all fairness the bloke from the bodyshop could see that a wing had been painted straight away but said it was a spot-on job whoever did it.
Ill just have to have another day off soon and get my *** up there me thinks..

yeah, mines going back to swansea audi in a week or two to be painted under warrantee. the dealer was fine about it and i get a courtesy car!

Thats ok then.
Im still in need of taking mine to the dealer near where i live, but to be honest im not in need of a courtesy car, im gonna try and work it so im on call the week its done. I have a work van....

I am a bit worried about what will be said but if they dont do the work, ill have it done anyway because my front bumper is peppered with stone chips.