Help with VAG COM figures...

warleydaddy

Reaction score
Well i say vag com,its off my Liquid Gauge...

Thought now since ive had the mods on, (full samco`s,3" dp/spors cat,AH fab FMIC,DNA remap),id see what i was getting,as it was a nice col night,but im still not 100% sure if there correct..

(All these were in 3rd gear,up to 6500rpm)

BHP 290,
Air Flow g/s 233
Torque 241
Air Intake Temp lowest 17,highest 26..

Now somthing just doesnt add up there??

Anybody wanna tell me if they look there or there abouts right??

Pete...

233 G/s is VERY high for a stage 2 car, that's huge power if that's correct.

241 torque? what does that mean? a force is worthless without a unit.....

Very high as in a good or bad thing???

ft lb of torque...

Pete...

That is very good power output for your mods if correct.

What equations did you input into excel to work out the bhp and torque

Nathan

That is very good power output for your mods if correct.

What equations did you input into excel to work out the bhp and torque

Nathan

He was using his Liquid gauge so that works it out for you and displays it on the screen...

<tuffty/>

Was just about to say that Tuft, cheers.... Very boggling to say the least, unless I have a spunky turbo, and I didn't know it.. Tuft, if you remember I did send you a mail askin if you have vag com, and could you compare like for like against your liquid gauge... Did you have any joy???

Pete...

TBH I have been waiting for Bill to get the dyno in and was planning to do a run with the Liquid on to see if the power figures are anyway accurate....

I did log airflow though when I thought I had a dodgy MAF and they were pretty much **** on... not done the boost pressure yet as I need see how accurate my gauge is first which I can do on the dyno...

<tuffty/>

He was using his Liquid gauge so that works it out for you and displays it on the screen...

<tuffty/>

Quite right. I would assume that the Liquid gauge is pretty accurate as it cost quite alot.

Doesnt the Liquid gauge show graphs, if so take a pic of some and upload them as your torque figure doesnt look very good considering your power output.

Nathan

Ok cool, when you do, let me know.. Any idea when he's getting it fitted?? Might come down for a run.. And yeh I thought torque was low too, hence why the figures are boggling me??

Pete...

maf scaling in the map is a question i have
logs of airflow and boost would be usefull
233g/s is beyond any k04's airflow i have seen... and that torque figure is low.. it does'nt add up to me to be honest

Well I dont have a copy of vag com to show anything.. All I have are peaks on the liquid gauge... What could I show you, to give you abit more of an idea??

Pete..

I concur... while the liquid is good at indicating whats going on you get the resolution and flexibility that VAGCOM can provide...

Liquid will let you see you have a problem, VAGCOM will help you diagnose it...

<tuffty/>