HEL Brake lines, Have I got it right ????

StevoS3

Reaction score
Hey all, Fitted the new HEL brake lines couple days ago, £60 front and back.

Went to fit them and found the threads were a totally different fitting to the end of the brake line nipple in the car so had to original brake line bolts witch fit fine and no leaks but! wasnt happy with it. Second... There really long and seem to rub everywhere!!

Have I got them positioned correctly? my front right one keeps rubbing off the inner wheel when turning right
P.S its rubbing where my finger is, if i move the line thru it just slides back :(
10f293q.jpg

Brake hoses surely shouldnt be rubbing on the wheel, sounds like you have a duff set, possibly for a diferent vehicle wrongly packaged? I'd suggest best course of action is to ring or email Hel and tell them the problem and go from there. I'd be very reluctant to drive the car any distance and the rubbing will surely damage the hose.

well what ive done is shift the line holder on the front of the strut to the back of the strut and doesnt seem be rubbing any more and sit fine, but still arnt happy that a few modification had to made to fit. I dont know if its worth my bother to complain if there already on now, dont want to have to take them all off to send it all back. to wait ages for anuther set.

Will see how the wear goes witch I think i've sorted bur anymore damage or problems I defonatly ont go back to HEL.

Will keep a close eye on them,

stevo did you get any help from HEL with you brake lines ? as i have the same issue with the HEL brake lines being to long & the wrong bolts.

also where they connect to hard brake line the they are male when they should be female & the nuts are to big to fit in the bracket...

HEL have sent me a another set but are still wrong...:wtf:

are all S3 brake lines the same anyone know ?

I just sent mine back, they were completely wrong. The rear set didnt look right at all and the front set had the wrong thread. Dont order from brake-lines.co.uk!