Keeping tyres the same on 4 wheel drive

McGart

Reaction score
Just bought 2 new avon zz3 for my s3 2001 quatro last week and had them fitted covered only 50 miles or so. I now have the cash to have another 2 fitted but local dealer only has zv5 avon in stock. Is it possible to fit these as car is 4 wheel drive? Its just i have alwys tried to replace the 4 at same time and of the same tread/make have been a bit short of cash of late. Is there a combination of maybe zz3 on front and zv5 on back that would wurk. They are both made by avon but different tread.

In an ideal world you would run all 4 tyres the same but i dont think you will have an issue, mine are different and it's not caused any issues. Hope this helps

These cars aren't strict 4 wheel drive cars so it doesn't really matter, try to change an axel at a time though (fronts or backs). I am running Bridgestone Potenzas all round at the moment but getting 2 Michelin Pilot PS3 put on the front at the weekend.

Geting tyres soon, which

Michelin Pilot Sport, PS2 or PS3 ? £1 difference......

ps3vsps2.png

Thanks for all the input just took some advise and went with camskill, tyres came today thanks a bunch.

how do i close threads and also remove threads

Another vote for camskill all ways get my tyres from them.