Rear bushes need replacing, anywhere except audi to do it?

stevewushu

Reaction score
Just had the car serviced and it would seem that n/s rear bushes are std (metal?) ones and could be prone to seizing which may snap the lower arms? but the o/s has been replaced with newer rubber ones...

is there anywhere other than audi (that would charge a fortune i assume) that i could get this done and for roughly how much? I'm in the Northants and Milton Keynes area...

steve zm car repairs in bletchley tavistock street do it for £110 fitted. they are the best garage for normal repairs like that. for modifying i go to aylesbury. zm are the best dudes around. fast and they do the job properly. also part of the good garage scheme. always the cheapest i know.

zm car repairs
01908 277 324

phoned zm this avo, took a while for the guy to realise exactly what i was on about! I said, S3 (8L), near side rear bushes. Off side been replaced already with rubber ones but the near side is still metal and is prone to seizing which can snap the lower and upper arms.... I said, the techie who serviced it doesn't have the correct tool to fit the bushes and said i should go to audi (he's VW techie)....
But after a few mins of explaining i think he knew what i meant...He's gonna have a look tomorrow, and yeah £80 labour plus about £30 parts plus VAT.

Cheers for that ;-)
Btw my S3 still not regained full power since flattening the battery. But i haven't done a few hundred miles as recommended by guys on here yet, to see if it will return to remapped power.... does that guy in Aylesbury fix anything like that?

Dave sells some custom made ones, hes off here too, top guy, give him a shout, cheaper than using poweflex ones.

yeh depends which guy u get on the phone i normally just go down and ask for a guy name maz. Tell him David sent you with the audi A3 and hell look after ya :)

there english aint the best at time but they know what theyre doing once they see it lol good guys though and very affordable and speedy.

Good luck mate and oh by the way im not the Dave in the above post Dani is referring to just incase hehe