Rear washer jet

G60DAN

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just hoping that someone may be able to help me.

My rear washer jet has stopped working. It is not the jet, and its not the rusting out problem with the motor, the pump is working so I am LOST!!!.

I have pulled the pipe off the motor but I am still not getting any water to the screen but the reservior is going down so it is going somewhere!

Are there any joins in the pipe, and which side does the pipe run down?

All help welcomed.

Is the passenger side of car wet, under the engine bay?

remove the air filter box there is a trunking that goes up to the bulkhead inside there is a joint for the washer hose will be disconnected:rockwoot:

The washer jet is fed by a pipe that runs through some black truncking behind the airbox, its a little push fit fitting that will have come undone, pop the black plastic cover off, shove the fitting back together and either leave it or wrap some eletrical tape round it to hold it together better, simples.

I have a similar problem, but it's not the connection in the pipe under the airbox, my rear washer squirts washer fluid, but only about 1-2 inches at best up the screen, I have checked the nozzel jet for blockages and all is clear. if it helps it takes about 10 seconds before fluid apears when first using the washer, I can't see any leaks but I'm open to any suggestions. Could it just be a pump not giving full pressure??

Thanks in advance

Nige

I have a similar problem, but it's not the connection in the pipe under the airbox, my rear washer squirts washer fluid, but only about 1-2 inches at best up the screen, I have checked the nozzel jet for blockages and all is clear. if it helps it takes about 10 seconds before fluid apears when first using the washer, I can't see any leaks but I'm open to any suggestions. Could it just be a pump not giving full pressure??

Thanks in advance

Nige

Mine used to do the same.

Inside the actual motor will have rusted and the washer jet pipe will have corroded, will still work just like yours is, you need to buy a new motor, i got one of a mk4 golf for about £20, although my wiper now sits on the right side of the back window instead of the left.

Any mk4 based car motor should fit.

Mine used to do the same.

Inside the actual motor will have rusted and the washer jet pipe will have corroded, will still work just like yours is, you need to buy a new motor, i got one of a mk4 golf for about £20, although my wiper now sits on the right side of the back window instead of the left.

Any mk4 based car motor should fit.

Hi, thanks for the tip, probably a daft question I'm assuming you mean the rear wiper motor as opposed to a pump motor in the reservoire

Thanks
Nige

So what's the most likely thing when there is no water coming out but you can hear the pump. Does the nozzle block up usually?