Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

a good deal? going to see an s3 tomorrow

So i have tracked down a half decent s3. Done 50k, 51 reg, sliver , full audi service history.1 owner from new, i have called up audi uk and confirmed all the dates and mileage, had a service every year none of that avs crap, done a hpi check all comes back a ok. The best part is its being sold from an audi dealer, with a 12 month audi warrenty. the price for this...just under 8k...was 10k but they need it gone. The only downside is its the 210bhp and not 225bhp. Nor does it have bose or heated seats...but i think i can live with out them

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    Make sure the cambelt has been changed and check for all the usual S3 issues, Roof rails etc. I would not worry about it being a 210 bhp ebgine as they both map up to about the same anyways.
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

1st Gear

Status
    I take it this is the one at Tetbury Audi.... I have seen the car a couple of times in the flesh as they are my local dealer...did look clean, and from memory has a few extras fitted as well.

Good luck with it!!

Chris
    Kingfisher Blue 8L S3..... NOW SOLD!

1st Gear

Status
    Thats the one cabby! I' am glad you have said that, as i'am driving up there later and its a good 2 hour drive. Hopefully will be worth while

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    As already mentioned, check the cambelt and waterpump, if they say its not due till 80k, dont listen to them, as it needs to be done ALOT earlier than that and lots of horror stories to go with it.

Oh also dont worry about the 210/225 debate, they are just as good as each other, dont worry about the seats, they only make you feel like you wanna have a p00! LOL.

Oh and the Bose aint all its made out to be so dont worry about that either.

Sounds really goo to be honest, so fingers crossed for you...oh one last thing you are aware that SILVER is the fastest colour yea??

Let us know yhow you get on.

Nilz (a fellow SILVER S3 owner)

6th Gear

Status
    for 8k, I want fully loaded, chrome wings, satnav, heated seats, sunroof, cruise control etc etc
    Ibiza Cupra TDI

Gone:

Audi C5 RS 6 - Stage 2
    Audi 8L S3 - Revo'd

Chugger

Status
    50k with 12 months warrenty can't be a bad thing. Worth it id say
    57 A3 2.0 TDI Sportback (140)

Neutral

Status
    I bought mine from an Audi dealer and the warranty was excellent. Replaced drivers door lock, boot locks (twice) fuel tank sender units, dash cluster, fog light, hazard switch, thermostat, sensor and dipstick tube, couldn't believe so many electrical faults would happen, no mechanical issues whatsoever. Also ask for their used vehicle preparation internal invoices which should detail what they did to bring it up to saleable standard.
    I don't miss the heated seats or Bose, the peace of mind was worth much more.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    If you are willing to spend 8k on an S3, I'd personally give this guy a call and make him an offer.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1650743.htm

He's a member on this forum also, and his build is documented somewhere in the forum.

Unless having a standard car is your priority of course.

I personally think 8k is top money for the car you are buying, and for that type of money, it really should have a few more options to be honest.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

1st Gear

Status
    I bought it! it was in utter mint condition, took it for a good 5-7 mile test drive, there wasent a single fault on it, no rust, paint work was perfect, not a single dent, i was amazed when i checked it over. i managed to get 200 quid off the asking price, after audi had dropped it by 2k already, did try and get 500 off it, but wasent a chance lol so i paid 7800 for it, not bad considering full audi service every year, 50k mileage, 1 owner from new , cambelt, water pump etc was all done by tetbury a month ago. If you look whats selling on auto trader at the moment for the same price, you will understand that the price is very very good! plus the back up of it being sold by a dealer with a warrenty. Pick it up next saturday... any one wanna buy my 1994 golf for 400 quid? lol

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Excellent!, We await your pics then.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well done mate! Now get some pics up, I wanna see it! lol

2nd Gear
    Chopper Challenge Champion

Status
    Sounds like you are happy.. Now gets some pics up. By the way best colour.....
    2002 S3 8L, FORGE 007, R-TECH RE-MAPP, MILTEK CAT BACK NON-RESONATED, JETEX CONE FILTER AND 260 BHP ISH.......

1st Gear

Status
    The pics audi had on there website really didnt do it justice, in the flesh it was gorgeous. Now i just hope its not full of problems. Oh well we will see soon as of saturday next week

2nd Gear

Status
    whats the golf m8 i could do with a crusty for work...

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Congrats mate and welcome to the club

Looking forward to the pics.

1st Gear

Status
    I got some pics on the phone, not great pics by anymeans. Glad i got one with chrome wing mirrors, even though the effect is lost a bit on a sliver car

1st Gear

Status
    This is what i have been driving...

and before that...