Ebc brake pads?

Jonezy87

Reaction score
I'm currently running drilled and grooved discs with ebc red stuff pads on the front of my s3.

But both need replacing, couple of questions:

do people not reccomend ebc any more?
I can get red stuff pads for about 70 or after Reading the brake guide, think venom do the ds2500 for 107 from venom?

Also what discs do people reccomend with them? Can get brembo max discs for 120. Or is it not worth buying discs this expensive?

Any help appreciated

cheers

i recommend ebc yellow much more than i do ebc reds.

discs, all much of a muchness tbh. wouldnt bother going overkill on those at all and then a decent brake fluid

if you search there is plenty of information about brakes pads/discs

The combination that is recommended the most by all the S3 owners is famously the ferodo DS2500 pads and black diamond discs.
This is the best of the best you can get.
EBC yellow's are good enough with the original audi discs if you want to spend a little cheaper.

ebc good for going to the shops
ds2500/ ds3000 for b road/track action
speak to badger bill
matt

I dont think DS3000 is road/track. DS3000 is just track and powerfull engines to stop.
DS2500 are just what an everyday S3 needs including some hard driving

depends on the driver..
I have had S3 owners come back wanting DS3000s after they over worked the ds2500s - heavy ole cars and obvious hard braking owner.

I didn’t like the EBC Red with my Black Diamond discs, as they didn’t work very well in cold or wet conditions. I decided to change to Ferodo which are similar to DS2500 (I forgot what model), and they are so much better.

I got EBC turbo grooved discs and EBC yellow stuff pads, recommend both! Used them at brands hatch as well and no problems what so ever! Worth trying whatever your driving is like!