audi s3 2001 more information needed

dazbyrne99

Reaction score
hi just front ended my 51 plate s3, i need bumper bonnet front panel,raditor ,aircon raditor,headlights etc, CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF ANY OTHER BITS FIT IE RADITOR OFF TDI OR 1.8T ,IS THE FRONT PANEL UNIQE TO S3 CAN I USE STANDARD A3 ONE PLEASE HELP AS SPARTS REALLY HARD TO FIND IN MANCHESTER. i nkow bumper different am watching 1 on ebay but can i iuse any other parts of lesser model please help asap,:slapped:

Welcome to the forum - I'm sure you will find the info you need, but please read this thread about basic forum etiquette and remember that TYPING WITH CAPS 'ON' is considered shouting.

As far as your problem, I would suggest confirming the part numbers you need and the search will become much easier with breakers or dealers.

As far as the front bumper goes ( I assume that is what you mean by "front panel"), then I think you can fit an A3 one to your S3 as many people went the other direction, but I suspect it will look very odd and will require quite a bit of 'persuasion'. In my years of A3/S3 ownership I have never seen anyone doing this, so I'm pretty sure that help on this matter will be rather thin on the ground.

Mate get ready for a massive bill.

When my s3 got ran into on the front it was damaged on the drivers side, insurance quoted front drivers wing, headlight, front bumper and all parts to go with it grille etc, including fitting and spraying they quoted £3500.
Still trying to get it fixed and that was last october, f***ing insurance companys.

Anyway, dont buy direct from audi, try to get it from a brokers etc, headlights alone cost around £500 each from audi.

Mate get ready for a massive bill.

When my s3 got ran into on the front it was damaged on the drivers side, insurance quoted front drivers wing, headlight, front bumper and all parts to go with it grille etc, including fitting and spraying they quoted £3500.
Still trying to get it fixed and that was last october, f***ing insurance companys.

Anyway, dont buy direct from audi, try to get it from a brokers etc, headlights alone cost around £500 each from audi.

When going through insurance, the quotes are always on the extreme side, private work is like half price. Insurance company's usually insist on replacing everything that's been disturbed with brand new components, so your car is returned to it's original state, which is why you get a load of write offs, but they eventually become Cat C/D cars, as bodyshops can usually fix the problem with 'used' parts for a fraction of the price!

Yup, totaly agree.

Well they didnt even inspect the car properly, side intercooler and suspenion were damaged due to the crash so if they looked at that itd be a right off, they onkly did a visual assessment which im kind of glad about.

Yup, totaly agree.

Well they didnt even inspect the car properly, side intercooler and suspenion were damaged due to the crash so if they looked at that itd be a right off, they onkly did a visual assessment which im kind of glad about.

Lucky lucky.....!

Haha yup, now im just trying to get the £3500 paid to me instead of a garage :hubbahubba:

Wasn't your prang sometime ago? Not paid out yet? If you do get a cash settlement for the repair and your car back, it will be £3500 -vat, my Passat needed £1600 for repairs for a side prang, ins took 12 months to pay out, and I got the car and £1400, 2 used doors cost me under £300 and fitted them myself.

Wasn't your prang sometime ago? Not paid out yet? If you do get a cash settlement for the repair and your car back, it will be £3500 -vat, my Passat needed £1600 for repairs for a side prang, ins took 12 months to pay out, and I got the car and £1400, 2 used doors cost me under £300 and fitted them myself.

Yep, october 2009, problem was, i was 20 when it happened so my insurance cover was only TPFT (now fully comp) so ive had to recover all costs through the solicitors, doesnt help that their still claimingits my fault, women hey.
So did you get the cash then jojo?

Yep, october 2009, problem was, i was 20 when it happened so my insurance cover was only TPFT (now fully comp) so ive had to recover all costs through the solicitors, doesnt help that their still claimingits my fault, women hey.
So did you get the cash then jojo?

Yes mate, the other party wouldn't admit fault and went AWOL, so I took him to the courts and his insurance paid out 12 months later. I argued my car had depreciated over 12 months, and that writing it off wasn't my preferred option, so they said they would pay for the repairs in cash and let me keep the car Category free. Win -win, even though it took 12 months.

Well by the looks of it, mines heading that way too, we'll see what happens.