Childhood dream car up for sale!

nervus

Reaction score
Check this out: an original Turbo2 in road going spec (hens teeth) these beauties could push out 300bhp from its 1.4 in rally tune in 1984 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

For sale, factory standard 160bhp for £10,995. Somebody please buy my S3 so i can have it!

Have you checked the going rate for kidneys on eBay?

If that's your childhood dream car, I think you owe it to yourself to do EVERYTHING in your power to get hold of it.
It's not a question of whether you can afford it, or can justify it...
It's more a case of if you can afford to live the rest of your life knowing it was there, and you never went for it.

That way you'll look back with fondness when you are old and wrinkly, sitting in your favourate arm chair stinking off pi*s and germolene, and say to yourself 'at least I had one of those'...rather than spending every day from now to then thinking about 'what if...?'

Go on...you know it makes sense... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

BTW, it's a great choice...properly individual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Have you checked the going rate for kidneys on eBay?

If that's your childhood dream car, I think you owe it to yourself to do EVERYTHING in your power to get hold of it.
It's not a question of whether you can afford it, or can justify it...
It's more a case of if you can afford to live the rest of your life knowing it was there, and you never went for it.

That way you'll look back with fondness when you are old and wrinkly, sitting in your favourate arm chair stinking off pi*s and germolene, and say to yourself 'at least I had one of those'...rather than spending every day from now to then thinking about 'what if...?'

Go on...you know it makes sense... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

BTW, it's a great choice...properly individual. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers for that, i'll print off everything you said and use it to convince the missus. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Your soo right though, its not what it goes like etc, there's just something about them i have always loved and they are very, very rare.

What's it likely to do to my kidneys? or have i missed something?

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
What's it likely to do to my kidneys? or have i missed something?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get alot of money for kidneys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif I really am thick, i never got that.

I have to have it, i have too or i'll hold my breath until i die!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to it man...stop wasting time...life is too short to live the rest of it regretting a decision like this!
It's not even bank busting money...beg, borrow, steal or sell your kindey on eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but go and get it.

If your missus loves you...she'll understand. Maybe not yet for a while...but she'll understand. Eventually. She may never accept or approve...but one day, she'll see what it means to you.

Just ask her if she would rather have you miserable, in a state of morbid contemplation at the mistake you made...or have you happy as a cainine with two appendages for the next few years.

Go on...

You still here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This isn't looking good, i mailed the wench over 2hrs ago for erm..........permission, and no reply! It'll be her conservatory money /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif no contest, you can have a conservatory when we sell it!

i mean, where's the builders number?

Khufu
Is your friends a "Turbo", Turbo (aka turbo 1), esentially the same as turbo 2 (mid engine) or a the front engined rubish? If it is a Turbo 1 they are worth £12 - £15k

I doesn't really matter about the brakes TBH, its not to be driven, just hugged and squeezed, who needs an women anyway?

Ok fair enough it is a classic and its very rare, but come on.......its a renault!!! You cant justify selling your Audi S3 to buy it. Also think about the reliability, 2 brothers i know love their renault 5's but every week or so they break down, and you have to spend serious money on it just to get the buggers running again. Its a nice idea but i dont think its worth it. Plus you know it has been thrashed! Just hope your joking man!

YOGi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

What a pathetic reply, I feel.

This car is the man's dream...who cares what badge it's wearing. I'm not a badge snob...that car is an icon...and childhood dreams are worth more than buying the right modern car to impress the chaps down the local wine bar...it's about emotion..a comodity that cannot be bought, at any price.

If I find myself in the position to buy the car I have had on my walls since being a small boy (and still have on my walls today) the practicality of the decision don't come into it.

Emotion is a purely selfish thing - no one but you understand completely - it's just sometimes, you have to do, what you have to do.

Live on the edge...buy it.

Even if you sell it a month later after hugging it to death...
You can buy a convervatory any time...

It's better to have lived and loved, than never to have lived at all...isn't that what they say?

The fact that you are even considering it places you right up there in 'true enthusiast' catagory in my book. So what if it's old....and a Renault...and likely to break...and not as fast / flash as your S3. That car has soul...more soul in it's wheels than audi imparted unto the S3/TT.

This could be the point at which you become a role model...
Go on...you know it makes sense!
Is your pulse racing?
Is your heart pounding?
Are you remembering all those pictures you had of it as a small boy?

Do it! Do it! Do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
What a pathetic reply, I feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you may feel it’s pathetic; however all I was doing was playing devil's advocate. Dreams are all well and good, but I wouldn’t see the sense in buying this (in my opinion) wreck! Just look at it, its hideous! But anyway that’s just my opinion and everyone is entitled to sharing there’s (this is a forum).

Audi Quattro..................Now your talking!!!

Aye Nervus, it was just the toy version she had. IIRC it had 13" wheels and it had tiny discs! I must admit though, I'm with Yogi and Dubber Dan. One of my pals father got the coupe quattro when it was brand new and it was Amazing. He mentioned the other week he would love one again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:

If I find myself in the position to buy the car I have had on my walls since being a small boy (and still have on my walls today) the practicality of the decision don't come into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

go on then what is it mine was a porche 959 saw the launch as a lad and had the poster ever since /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

go on treat yourself!
I love that car too. I used to see quite a few when I was in France
would love those more though:
Lancia Stratos, Venturi V8, Renault Alpine, Ferrari GTO

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Mine is still the McLaren F1... when will I ever be able to afford one of those!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay attention man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
beg, borrow, steal

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Yaseen said:
[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:
Mine is still the McLaren F1... when will I ever be able to afford one of those!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay attention man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
beg, borrow, steal

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would take most of my life begging, borrowing and stealing to get a Macca F1, that is if I don't get caught LOL... can anyone lend me £450K

[ QUOTE ]
fingermouse said:
go on then what is it

[/ QUOTE ]

A 911.
I had various posters, from 2.7RS, 911SS, 964, 993, 996...the models change with time, mood etc...but the desire and admiration doesn't.

I still have framed pictures of the 2.7RS, 996 GT3, 996 GT3RS and 996 C4S on my walls today...sad. but true!

Maybe one day...

The trouble with dream cars is that the more expensive and aloof they are, the less chance there is of actually owning one.
A 911 is within reach of most...a 959 less so...and an F1 less so again...

But that Renault 5...that's a no brainer for me...if it means that much, and you can afford it, I'd be having it.

Nervus,

The S3 is a mass model production car, you could buy another 5 tomorrow - any spec you like - no way is it better than a Turbo 2 IMO in terms of classic status.

I know where you are coming from too as my dream childhood car is the URQ - going to get one one day, just cant convince the missus as well as Glen would like me to!

Go for it mate

Dunc

my 911 poster was next to the 959 was hooked on porche after they let me sit in a 911 when i was 7 at my first motor show.

my dream car would have to be the ferrari f40,i remember having the audio tape of it going round a track that came free with fast lane magazine..awesome.

My mates got a vid clip, of the ferrari F50 Konig edition....with yes Twin turbo's!!! This thing sounds MAD! Definatly a dream car!

YOGi

My childhood dream car is a BMW E30 M3!!!

I know its not very expensive and I think you can pick a decent one up for about £7k??

Ever since a young age I wanted one. Maybe a cecotto edition. About 480 produced.

Everytime I see a m3 e30 I get all excited.

I think I will get one after uni.

[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:
my dream car would have to be the ferrari f40,i remember having the audio tape of it going round a track that came free with fast lane magazine..awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I still have that tape!
I remember it well...

That last reply had nothing to do with your Renault but I was basically trying to get at is that you should JUST BUY THE RENAULT.

Dont tell your Mrs until she finds it in the garage, by then its too late. If she nags and pees you off, just go into the garage and sit in the Renault and remind yourself that it was all worth the trouble.

Chances like this don't come that often matey. Mine is a Spanking new Charade Gtti then get it to 180bhp (from a 1.0L!) Had one years ago, but never had enough money to do that much to it. Gee's only if I had one now!

Childhood dreams can't be more of an individual subject. If its what you always wanted.. Well push the boat out and do it mate!

PS Stuff all the [censored] about it breaking down etc, alot of old coblers.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I still have that tape!
I remember it well...

[/ QUOTE ]

send me a copy glenn!!!

mines a harley davidson if i had one of them i would ride into the sunset (or rainy distance),never say never if the chance is now to buy it,buy now.ive got a morgage im on £6.23 an hour & i owe £3.500 and i cant imagine owning a harley but one day im sure i will....if the other half will let me.i agree life`s too short just imagine in a few years time you could be this guy with a bald head wearing brown nylon trousers and a quilted jacket with turbo written on the front at some local car event thinking i wished i had kept the s3

[ QUOTE ]
Ryanc said:

send me a copy glenn!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a hunt in my shed, where all my old tapes are...if i've still got it, i'll do you a copy!

cheers mate,that will bring back some memories!!

This threads 9 years old mate

Reactions: Mi11ar, [Dave B], superkarl and 3 others
This is what we call a holy thread revival :) x

Reactions: cooper86
Lol 9 years ago I was 14!!!! And jojo was on here then!

i have to agree with him though on Mclaren f1........

Sean

Reactions: jojo
9CABC1CD-DEFA-4345-94F8-E2E8DABE423D-4575-0000021ED335E9E0.jpg

looool