couple of error's showing - need help :)
guys, since i got the turbo replaced on my S3, i've had a few error's showing.
the first one is 16486/P0102/000258 - Mass Air Flow - Signal too low
It's a brand new MAF, so i'm not concerned about this and believe it's a loose connection or something, so i'll be able to check this out.
the second one is 17963/P1555 - Boost Pressure Control: Maximum Pressure Exceeded
now, the car doesn't go into limp mode at all, it does seem a little "jerky" at stages when pulling away.
The N75 doesn't have anything wrong with it, another has been tried and it's still the same. apart from boost pipe's causing a problem, is there anything it could be. the only pipe's that have been removed where the one's near and connecting to the turbo, nothing else, so i don't think any of the front pipe's would have been disturbed. anyone had this error before and how did you fix it (which pipe if it was a pipe problem?)
third issue isn't with the engine, it's with the brake system/steering system. The traction control light is constantly on because of this error.
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Mechanical Failure
The turbo was removed from the car by removing the subframe, exhaust and doing it from underneath the car. the steering wheel is very slightly off centre now. Is it a simple case of getting the alignment done, or is it a case of taking the steering wheel off and fixing/changing the sensor?
any idea's / input would be appreciated
great stuff, cheers, i'll give that a try
Speeding in reverse gear
I think you picked a bad time to ask question with most people watching football
As per wiki.ross-tech.com:
16486/P0102/000258 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70): Signal too Low
- Probably no serious malfunctions
- Loss of power
- Wiring and/or connections (short circuit?)
- Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70) defective
- Check wiring and connections
- Check / Replace Mass Air Flow (MAF) (G70)
17963/P1555 - Boost Pressure Control: Upper Limit Exceeded
- Reduced power output
- Limp mode
- Boost Pressure too High
- Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
- Charger Pressure Control defective
- VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
- Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective
- Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
- Check Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75)
- Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
- Check / Clean mechanism for variable nozzles
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85): Mechanical Failure
- Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Basic Setting lost
- Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Installation Position incorrect
- Suspension Geometry incorrect
- Perform Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Basic Setting
- Check Steering Angle Sensor (G85) Installation Position
- Check Suspension Geometry