Refinishing Chrome Mirrors

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anybody had their OE chrome mirrors refinished? Mine have some scratches/stone chipping which I would like sorting. Does anyone have recommendations on potential suppliers of such a service?

Cheers,
Dave.

Dave they are metal pal, not a chrome finish, so you would need to sand down and re polish them. Not worth it!

Thanks JD09, but I was already aware that they are made of metal :laugh:

What I was getting at is, has anybody had a supplier either the polish mild scratches out and restore to a decent finish, or had them filled and painted to an OE type finish? I'm just interested in what it would cost and what finish is achievable, in comparison to trying to source a mint set.

I think the detailing boys tend to just use metal polish on a rotary to get a nice shine. You'd probabl need to tackle the scratches with something abraisive. Try asking the questing in the detailing forum and see what they say.

Thanks JD09, but I was already aware that they are made of metal :laugh:

What I was getting at is, has anybody had a supplier either the polish mild scratches out and restore to a decent finish, or had them filled and painted to an OE type finish? I'm just interested in what it would cost and what finish is achievable, in comparison to trying to source a mint set.

Oops, sorry lad :)

In that case, a decent metal polish like Belgom ALU works well :)