Drivers side window wont go up (without help)

mattyboy199

Reaction score
I had my drivers side window down yesterday & when attempting to put it back up it seemed to be jammed. The glass is un-stable when down, eventually managed to get the winodw up with help but dont fancy putting it back down incase it stays there ? i recall this happening to people on here before, so whats the cure ?

Matt

Last edited:
new window reg. £53 or £56 from the dealer

I gave my car to the mechanics to replace the clips that are notorious for this problem, but he ended up just greasing the side pillars on the door frame and started working ok, been working fine for about 4 months so far.....

I gave my car to the mechanics to replace the clips that are notorious for this problem, but he ended up just greasing the side pillars on the door frame and started working ok, been working fine for about 4 months so far.....

You're a lucky one..... Normally the clips break. My driver's window is the same and I have new clips, I just cannot be ***** to do it at the moment! LOL.

You're a lucky one..... Normally the clips break. My driver's window is the same and I have new clips, I just cannot be ***** to do it at the moment! LOL.

Yeh I know, I looked at the "how to" guide and thought exactly the same, so gave it to my mechanic, and he said "oh no, not this" lol!

Its a piece of **** to replace the clips, i dont in about an hour and a half last saturday. I'm no mechanic. Dont need the regulator at all, new pink clips from ebay, job done

just ordered the pink ones off ebay, i assume the whole frame needs to come out to get to the clips ?

i need to do mine as well (passenger side) and was wondering whether the frame has to come out?

Its a piece of **** to replace the clips, i dont in about an hour and a half last saturday. I'm no mechanic. Dont need the regulator at all, new pink clips from ebay, job done

From ebay? I got mine from Audi for half the price they were on ebay. About £1.80 each.

i didnt realise they were so cheap from audi, never mind its easier some times to order off the net, should pop through my letter box tomorrow morning

not to mentation the time/cost it would take to pop down order (possibly return & collect), its not worth the time

But anyway do you need to remove the frame to get to the clips ?

all sorted pretty easy job to do even with the electronics connected up the clips are so easy to remove & replace !