AudiS3 225 BAM Knock Sensor Fault - HELP!

audis3

Reaction score
car has been running really sluggish lately - (loss of power, bumpy idle) some days it runs fine but getting worse now, so decided to diagnose via VAGCOM.

Found the below fault:

1 Fault Found:
16712 - Knock Sensor 1 (G61): Signal too High
P0328 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Im thinking it might be a coil pack on its way out or dodgy spark plugs ( but had sparks changed from Audi 2000miles ago) so not sure.......:crying:

Anyone seen this before or any details on what i could check?

Many Thanks

Same as I had on mine... I rewired the sensor in the end as I had changed just about everything else.... not been back since...

<tuffty/>

id reset the code and start again. the KS could have been unplugged at some point.

Same as I had on mine... I rewired the sensor in the end as I had changed just about everything else.... not been back since...

<tuffty/>

Tuffty,

How did you go about rewiring as I'm at a loss when it comes to that, I've had both knock sensors replaced but I'm still getting the same fault, I suspect my local garage wouldn't want to get involved with wiring faults...

Tuffty,

How did you go about rewiring as I'm at a loss when it comes to that, I've had both knock sensors replaced but I'm still getting the same fault, I suspect my local garage wouldn't want to get involved with wiring faults...

Basically got some shielded cable from Maplin and running it from knock sensor plug into the ECU plug...

The original cable is a 3 core (only 2 used) overall shield type but Maplin only had 4-core in a similar configuration.... shielded mic cable may be suitable too but it needs to be pretty well shielded and mic cable is quite thick....

Here is the wiring diagram for the ECU pin outs..
knock-sensor-1-diag.jpg

<tuffty/>

Had a similar fault with my BAM225. Turned out that the knock sensor and intake air temp sensor were plugged in **** about face. Has it been in for repairs ? Its possible they could be the wrong way around, as the plugs/connectors are the same size for these two sensors, and the cables will reach both too. A long shot I know, but it drove me crazy for a few days.