S3 FACELIFT FEATURES??????????

Jimmy Parko

Reaction score
:think:Possibly or almost certainly covering old ground here but i was just wondering what features defies a facelift s3 to a none facelift car apart from the 15 bhp power increase.

Cheers Guys!!

seek and you shall find :lazy:

Single piece front lights, different rear lights, different steering wheel, few engine differents.

But as above, search is your friend.

The extra 15bhp did not come with the facelift. I have a facelift 210bhp S3. The main visible difference is the different headlights.

The facelift comes with a flush tailgate handle that rusts and a microswitch that corrodes, the prefacelift has a rust proof plastic one, and a proper lever to open the boot with.

:think:Possibly or almost certainly covering old ground here but i was just wondering what features defies a facelift s3 to a none facelift car apart from the 15 bhp power increase.

Cheers Guys!!
audi have long since owned up that the pre-facelift cars had 225 bhp from the outset. they wanted to encourage people to buy their new sports car the audi tt and so implied the tt had the edge power wise

I thought all s3 s were genuinely 210 bhp except the later models 2001 september onwards? So I don't think audi lied about it, they genuinely were less powerful than the TTs!