Roof Bars

SNELZY

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on the forum !!

Can anyone advise how i fit roof bars to my 3dr A3....i can see the fixing points at the front but unsure how the rear ones are connected....and i am concerned about scratching the paintwork, so if anyone else has found a good setup please let me know !!

cheers

Tony

Heya,
Are they the audi roofbars?
There are fixing points on the back aswell but just a little bit harder to find!
I tend to have the edge of the front roofbar "gripper" resting on the most forward intend.
On the back ones, open the window up, and the intends are on the vertical metal, (rather than the front on horizontal), here I put the gripper on the furthest back mark, this then gives the largest distance between the bars for a sturdy carry!
Hope this helps, the audi ones are awesome, I regularly have a 19ft kayak on mine and they dont move an inch!

hey, thanks for repying, i have a 54 plate the rear windows do not open....but i think there are fixing points under the rubber sill's.........would you suggest getting an Audi roofbar set or will Thule do ???

Thule offer good solutions which are cost effective....i will be attaching a surfboard and snowboard so need that flexability !

cheers

Sorry, mines the 51 plate, not to sure about the newer rear one then!
Well before my S3 I had an MG ZR, we bought the Thule system becuase off all the different set ups you could have!
But while carrying my giant kayak and surf board, went over a speedbump (at a reasonable speed) and the back bar, just jumped out of the window ledge and ripped the paintwork to shreads! The main differences about the Audi one is that the feet are proper shaped and have a rubber bits to increase the friction that the thule ones dont have! However not sure what the Thule one for the audi is like! But definatley wouldnt buy it if the "grippy" bit doesnt have rubber on it, becuase the rubber makes it soooo much grippier and doesnt damage the paintwork!

Also as far as flexibility goes, we had the some of the thule attachments and convienently they fit nicely on the audi system!
Hope this is some help!

thanks mate thats a great help ! i will contact Audi and see how much the bars will be....the last thing i want is scratched paintwork !!!

have a good day ;)