Swapping parts between VW and Audi

dannyh

Nogaro S3
Reaction score
Hi, I will hopefully be buying an Audi A3 1.8 Turbo tonight, Fingers crossed. I excited to say the least.

I have already contracted the modding bug and dont yet have the car lol

Can everything be swapped between them, i am thinking of getting the recaro seats out of a MK4 golf, will these fit easily enough.

Also are Exhausts the same and other macanical parts swapable.

and can all parts be swapped between Seat as well,

Cheers in advance Guys and Gals

seats should be id guess....... exhausts are a bit more specific i think although you may be lucky...... its gonna have to be trial and error....theres no set rule that they will fit

a lot of engine mods should be interchangeable but again, always check as thingas like boost hoses are differentt across the range

wheels will fit, so will springs and struts, strut brace, lower bumper, there all the bits i was going to change from my audi to a mk4.

you can swap pretty much everything apart from body panels and interior trim mate, wheels, suspension, engine parts, brakes, seats, steering wheel, it's all interchangeable.

the only things you'll have issues with are possibly different airbag plugs on teh seats depending on years. other than that everything is basically a straight swap.

if you fit a mk4 exhaust with a visable tail pipe you'll need to trim the valance for the tail pipe, but this looks better than the A3 specific exhausts anyway, which hang below the valance and look pretty ***** IMO