Split hose :(

5teve L

Reaction score
Looks like I have a split water hose on my S3 somewhere in the bay, I think it's coming from the rear of the engine, does anyone have any idea's if any usually go round there or where to start looking, can't see a thing round the back of the engine :(

hmmm if you remove the airbox there are hoses that go to the heater matrix. Think there may be a hose that goes to turbo, although havent seen it for myself.

Looks like I have a split water hose on my S3 somewhere in the bay, I think it's coming from the rear of the engine, does anyone have any idea's if any usually go round there or where to start looking, can't see a thing round the back of the engine :(

How have you diagnosed this? Is your car using water, as in the coolant is going down, or you have noticed a puddle of water after driving?

Nah, I wish it were A/C dude but no chance, temp went up & then saw the light on the dash, luckily was 1 min from home so limped it onto the drive, big trail to the car & water dripping underneath :(
Looks like the rear of the bay but there was some toward the front, I'm thinking turbo hose (if they are rubber on the S3) or another water hose that goes to the header ?

I think the water pump has gone :(
Cambelt & water pump time then, anyone know the best place to get the full kit ?

Cheers
steve

Also anyone know if there is a better pump with metal impellor blades to put on or does the plastic one usually last ok ?

eurocarparts. get a contitech belt kit and then a water pump

ive just used oe pumps in the past with no issues. cheap from the dealer too

I think it popped the seal on the cap & leaked along the chassis & down... pump is deffo gone, temp goes up, no movement in header & dodgy noise from pump area....., whether there is a hose as well time will see......

I think it popped the seal on the cap & leaked along the chassis & down... pump is deffo gone, temp goes up, no movement in header & dodgy noise from pump area....., whether there is a hose as well time will see......

Yep. Good diagnosis! Pump, she be FUBAR.

yep, £150 for all the parts (water pump, cambelt kit & aux belt) & lots of swearing no doubt...... ****** cars, I just got rid of the Evo because I thought it may start to cost money & drank fuel.. seems the S3 is better on fuel but parts are equally expensive.... & it's harder to work on, lmao.