Fitted my CR K04 Hybrid today

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
Why do people say its hard to change? they say its best to remove the head to make it easier to change the turbo?

I didn't think so, i've done a few now and don't find it that hard, mind you i did have to make a few tools to get to some of the bolts

i never found t too hard either when i changed the turbo on my mates mk4 golf. my a4 was more of a pain ended up getting a grinder to it!!

got any pics?

Its not thats its hard, it is fiddly and time consuming especially if you haven't done one before... It should also be mentioned that K03 turbos fitted to A3's, Leon's, Ibiza's and Golfs are much easier to do...

K03 will come off in less time than a K04, if you are paying someone to remove your turbo then hourly rate plays a factor... its what is more cost effective at the end of the day...

<tuffty/>

I don't have VAG com Bill but i also still need it mapping, The car is off the road right now as it's out of MOT so just doing the work for that.

Mine was a breeze to fit i just drove it down to Bill and picked it up a few weeks later all fitted hehe

my old Jabba manifold required me to take the head off to get the manifold off. There was no way to get it off after 6 years of heat cycles with the head on the car. Even then i had to chissel the bolts off.

new JBS manifold is much more roomy due to it being welded and not cast.