hose please.

cawsey20

Reaction score
Right, I have Been looking this afternoon for my boost leak and why it idles so *****.
I have found the hose i have pictured wasn't even connected as it was totally split.
Coud this be giving me issues ? As i said the idle is lumpy, and there seems to be a leak on boost.
I have bodged it using elctrical tape, a 17mm socket and a few other bits Just untill it gets sorted. My other question is does anyone have a part number or have one i could buy for a quick fix. Meanwhile does anyone know of a way to bypass the hose untill then? , maybe connecting two points with a single hose then put a filter on the exit on the rocker cover ?.

40bb5fdf.jpg

thats just the oil breather ad wont cause a dodgy idle. Need to check the pipes under the inlet manifold

that could help towards your dodgy idle as it is part of the pcv system. someone correct me if im wrong

that can cause dodgy idle as the pipework connects to the inlet manifold, trial and error obviously but i think changing that will help, its a common part to go...if you have a look at the recent PCV catch can thread, there should be several members taking this part off their cars to replace the PCV system - if i rem correctly the dealers want a small fortune for this bit

Hello matey, the pcv catch can is this the one on the vwvortex forum ?. Done on a 150/180 engine ?. Is it the same setup on an s3 lump ?. Also i can't actually work out what it does and the bennefits ?.

As im not to keen on replacing it for an oem part. Is it safe to make up a connector using some hose and a t piece ?. Either using some fat sillicone hose or using something else ?.

thats just the oil breather ad wont cause a dodgy idle. Need to check the pipes under the inlet manifold

errr, nah your right, this could bring in un-metered air under vacuum. Id just replace like for like mate, its the easiest and cheapest way to go usually

I've spent 8 quid so far on hose , clips and a joiner going to try and cram it in . Do all 3 have to be connected ?, otherwise I could just join the two and put a filter on the rocker ? . I'm only doing a quick fix untill I can do the catch can mod .

yes you are better leaving it connected as it should be..... otherwise the oil from the rocker wont filter to the bottom end, and the air pressure wont release to the inlet mani

the catch can is merely preventitive maintainence, the S£ fitment is slightly different as the inlet mani has the throttle body at the opposite end.....search for the recent big thread and it will tell you exactly what you need to know and how to fit it to an S3....

Cheers for the link matey, Im going to look into it ( however ) is there a guide for the s3 ?.

:), yeah i just spent a good while looking at that thread, the s3 related pics are on the third page and continue from there on i think

yup ollie did a full write up with pics..... although the principle is the same