Rosstech lead help

Just to add:
The interfaces act as a "dongle" for VCDS (VAG-COM), so VCDS should be fully functional on any PC when used with this interface. However, product support is provided only to the original purchaser. If you buy a second-hand interface from someone and want support, you'll still need to pay $99 to register.

I have a 1999 model will this still do what the new ones do whats that lead worth bidding for ? thanks guys

whats the price i should bid to is there any point getting the £20 leads off ebay

£20 lead will only allow you access to the shareware or lite version of VCDS with limited logging and other feature access unless you register for $99... only other problem is that its tied to the computer you use the lead with and is not the latest version...

My lead was one of the best £200 purchases I have got for my car... proved invalueable and if you look after your own car then worth every penny... my preference would be to get the HEX-CAN lead as its usable on later cars should you choose to buy a newer VAG (works on anything in the VAG group from Skodas to Audis) and you can sell on for decent money on ebay should you no longer need it..

Your choice of course, not sure about how much you should bid but a new KII-USB will cost 200 notes so the choice is yours...

<tuffty/>

I agree. Saved me a trip to a garage on many occasions and is invaluable if you are a car enthusiast looking to modify it or maintain yourself in the future.

can u point me to the new one that works on vags ?
also were can i get help from do they have a help line incase i mess up as i have never used one of these befor thank you tufftybloke for your help :p

The latest cable is here http://www.gendan.co.uk/product_VCHU.html

The best reference you can have is http://www.ross-tech.com/, lots of details on how to use it and some descriptions of procedures that you might have to perform. The support you get from them is mainly on installing it, which is very easy, but they will not teach you how to do diagnostics.

The est reference for that are forums, like this one... that's where I have been picking up things.

Hmmmmm all i realy want to do is check fault codes and things like that,but then were am i gonna get the software for it,mabie in the long run its worth spending the extra on the real deal.were online can i order one tonight good price new one that will work on new and old cars thanks alot

Just to add, the cable works like a license key for the software you download from the ross-tech site I posted above. Although the software is freely available on this site, you pay for it by buying the cable. Read up on the ross-tech site and all will be explained.