None genuine Audi S3 headlights

Andrew@A.L.D

May add NOS to 600+bhp S3.
Reaction score
Website
www.aldevelopments.com
Other than Audi where is the best place to get some S3 headlights?

I have a pre face lift S3 but i don't mind swapping to face lift ones if i can get them

Kev bought normal facelift a3 lights and fitted them, looked really good.

If you did that, then you could but a decent HID kit and fit that to the a3 headlights, would probly be better than the xenons you have fitted now.

Kev bought normal facelift a3 lights and fitted them, looked really good.

If you did that, then you could but a decent HID kit and fit that to the a3 headlights, would probly be better than the xenons you have fitted now.

he certainly did :icon_thumright:

Other than Audi where is the best place to get some S3 headlights?

I have a pre face lift S3 but i don't mind swapping to face lift ones if i can get them

Silly question, but why do you need o change them? Just freshen up or if the lugs are broken from a light frontal impact, you can buy repair kits directly from Audi to repair the lugs.

I've got the MOT this month and the adjust is broken in one lamp, both lamps are a bit faded and done my best to polished them up but they will never look like new also i cracked a indicator lens when working on the car

Silly question, but why do you need o change them? Just freshen up or if the lugs are broken from a light frontal impact, you can buy repair kits directly from Audi to repair the lugs.

By lugs you mean the thin brackets that hold the light in place? If so how does the kit work? Its just the two brackets on the drivers headlight have broken on mine.

pm replied to andrew but for everyone else,

the a3 lamps plug straight into the original s3 loom but you will loose the xenon fuction the bulbs wont fit into the a3 lamps as there a different bulb type so if you want to retain xenon lighting with this setup your need a HID kit and wire it in as you would with any HID kit. the same modifications still need to be made to the wing as per the sticky on a3 headlights

Can anyone help on this. My car has been returned to me after an accident with a brand new xenon unit (looks lovely), however the drivers side is worn & dated. I only need to replace the casing so will my xenon unit slip straight into a halogen casing ? both internals & external are facelift but a new xenon units comes complete with with internals & costs £500 fromn Audi.

Thanks

Matt

If they are both made by the same company (ie Valeo), then the projectors should transfer over just fine. Its a proper pig to take them apart though!

i m pretty sure hella make them, thats the stamp on the lense of xenon unit.

The headlights are easy to split. Place on a baking tray and put in at around 100 degrees for 20 mins, take out of oven and use a flat blade, screw driver etc and work around the edges, once apart do what you need todo, then place the main light body in the oven again, reheat same way, take it out, run some clear silicone around the edges then place the lense back on and use the clips to hold it in firmly.