New S3 owner joining the forum

S3_Paul

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to fellow S3 owners. I bought it as a daily driver last monday and am so far very pleased with it. Im looking forward to having a good read of the forum to see what others have done to there cars and look for some inspiration.

It's an 2001 model (108K miles) in what i think is quite a rare colour (haven't spotted any others as yet). It's already been stage 1 re-mapped by Revo to im told ~250-260BHP. It needs a little tidying up with a few stone chips and a wheel refurb but overall its in good shape.

photo.jpg

Very nice car! Hibiscus Red S3 is rear.

Can I be cheeky and ask what you paid?

p.s are all S3 drivers called Paul?

Thanks for the comments :)

I paid a dealer £5600 for it which was a little over the odd's for the mileage i thought. It has FSH and looks like its been cared for. They also did take my money pit S-Type Jag in P/X which saved me a whole lot of hastle.

Last edited:
I had to check twice as i didnt remember starting this thread lol
It is a nice colour when clean , i think like most audi colours... has to be clean to be at its best.
Welcome to the site

Hello and Welcome to the site,good to see a fellow Revo S3 driver and also local to me :icon_thumright:

welcome to the forum...... we are a jolly bunch :)

erm, i think this is jims old car, his was an X plate and had the chrome line mirrors, not the originals.....how many hibiscus red S3's are there with chrome mirrors around - infact jims also had sunroof, im willing to bet it has an armrest...and jims had a Revo map

Sure jim will be able to confirm with the numbers in the plate but im pretty certain this is the one ;)

Last edited:
MY OLD CAAAAR! :'(

Thanks to Gops for linking me through to this.. I'd buy that back off you tomorrow Paul if I could :)

I'm very pleased to see it's back within the ASN forums. Did you buy it from the Kettering area?

There were a fwe slight kerb marks unfortunately even through my ownership; something I never got round to sorting. For a more detailed background of my ownership drop me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help (I'm only down the road in Newark-On-Trent, too ;) ) Not far from you today working on an RS4 Cab./

Thanks for the photo above, too. It's the first time I've seen a new pic of it since letting it go.. I believe the previous owner used my photos from when it was at it's best.. I can guarantee it isn't in the same condition now as it was then! :(

A few of my pics:

40f2ecf5.jpg

DSCF3320-1.jpg

DSC09256.jpg

DSC09320.jpg

Have you still got the slight tear in the drivers seat? Most annoying that was; nearly prevented me in buying it in the first place.

Take good care of it now, I'm sure you will...

Jim. ( 077065 66622 )

Thanks for the pic's Jimmeh. It looks fantastic in those photos and you obviously really looked after it while you owned it which is great to know. Ill send you a PM as it would be good to know a little more about its history.

I bought it from a small dealer in Kettering (Mullberry) I gather the guys there had it for a while and they had been using it themselves.

It still has the little tear in then drivers seat which im looking to get repaired. Theres is a couple of fairly big chips on the front edge of the bonnet and a few other small marks, i think ill probably get the bonnet resprayed. Hopefully with a few hundred quid invested ill get it looking pretty tidy again.

Last edited:
Beautiful car!! You've got a good one Paul! Jimmeh always looked after it as you can tell by the pics! You should get it detailed from him in the near future! :) Just seen that your from coventry aswel mate!! I'll hope to see you around alot! I'll keep an eye out for you!!:icon_thumright:

Last edited:
no matter how you try and dress it up... it is what it is.... A BURGUNDY S3....:moa:

no matter how you try and dress it up... it is what it is.... A BURGUNDY S3....:moa:

and there aint NOTHING wrong with that ;)

I hope to be getting my hands on it sometime soon for a detail, how good will that be! I may not want to give you it back Paul, thats my problem! :p

Also in cov mate (well on the weekends) maybe see you around. Where abouts in cov you from?