JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Trip computer and mpg calculator not working...

As I have only owned my car for a week ('98 1.8T) and it didn't come with an owners manual, I'm only actually assuming that I have one...

At the end of the wiper stalk I have a rocker switch and a reset button.

The missus has a Seat with a similar thing that cycles through temp, mpg, etc I'm assuming I have a similar dash computer on mine.

When I press the buttons, nothing happens. Is thing something known to break? Is it something that can be fixed?

I'm assuming it wasn't some sort of factory option when new and the buttons are simply for show?

Sorry for the slightly dumb questions - still getting to grips with what does what!

Thanks for your help!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    If you have nothing visible on the DIS (Drivers Information System) display then try pressing the button on the bottom of the stalk... briefly pressing this turns the display on and off, pressing and holding when displaying the average values of MPG, speed etc will reset them...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    Hi Tufty,

Thanks for your response. It still displays an odometer reader than I can reset when I refuel.

Do you mean the reset button? Can't seem to get that to do anything.

Looking at images on google, some dashboards have an LCD display in the centre that mine doesn't.

Although not my car, it looks like this:

Does this mean that I don't actually have an OBC? If not, what are the buttons on the end of the right hand stalk supposed to do?

Again, sorry for such basic questions. I'll have to source an owners manual from somewhere...

4th Gear

Status
    Hi, if yours is the same as the one in the hpto then I would say that you do not have the Audi DIS system, as this is a large display not like the one in the photo, not sure about your buttons, but the display is certaily not the DIS one. Hope this helps.

Nige
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project