Advice Please: Organic Sports Clutch or Single Flywheel Conversion?

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello All, my clutch has started slipping badly in my A3 and I dont know what to do.

For around the same price I can Buy a sports clutch or a single flywheel and clutch kit.

Which is best for my 1.8T running over 200+ BHP.

I want the best one for the car as im heavy footed at times.

Also, anyone near somerset that can fit it for £s?

thanks all

TBH mate, clutches are a bit of a grey area... I would imagine that most people on here with mostly stage 1 maps use and continue to use std clutches and dual mass flywheels as for the most part they do work particularly on FWD A3's...

Essentially, single mass flywheel will give you gearbox chatter on idle but gives a more connected feel to the clutch, this can however cause issues depending on the type of clutch you run as it can lead to a more juddery clutch uptake as you pull away normally.

Performance clutches aren't cheap either, Helix do an uprated plate and cover for around £370 for a 5 speed FWD A3, or a complete single mass flywheel and clutch kit for just over £600...

If you are using the car as a road car then you prob don't want anything too harsh as some can be very on/off when pulling away and not 'street' friendly...

For what its worth, I have just bought a std clutch and dual mass flywheel that I am going to use with a Sachs cerametallic paddle plate for my S3 but its power output is a little more than yours :)

Try here for helix stuff...
http://www.performanceclutch.co.uk/p0/fast-road-clutches/227544.htm

<tuffty/>

maybe consider a vr6 conversion. those vr6 clutches handle far beyond standard power and no silly dual mass flywheel to worry abotu

just bought a G60 flywheel and Vr6 Clutch..

Everyone tells me to lighten it but i dont know anywhere near me that can do it..

gonna be fitting it friday :)