Private Numberplates

Keefy

Reaction score
The search function doesn't seem to be pulling up much of any use, so I thought I'd ask those of you who've bought / sold a private plate about the best way to do it.

My S3 came with a private reg when I bought it a few months back, and from the documentation it appears that it had the plate right from the start. I'm not keen on it, and want rid.

I'm aware of what to do in terms of the DVLA - paying £105 for them to send original reg (or one from the same year) and putting the private plate on retainer, but was wondering if the multitude of websites offering to then sell your plate are actually any good. I've had quotes from a few of them, and they vary a lot. Some offering almost double what others do. Has anyone had experience (good or bad) of using these places? Do you generally get what they've quoted? How long does it tend to take for them to find a buyer?

Is it better to just stick it up on eBay / Gumtree / ASN?

I'm in no hurry to sell, but would prefer not to have to put it on retainer for a second year.

Any advice much appreciated :thumbsup:

they dont give you anything for the plate until it sells then they take a wad off the sale price... a cant lose thing they have going on there..... i would ebay it imo