After removing airbox.

cawsey20

Reaction score
Hi there,
Have removed my airbox for the moment and replaced it with a new cone filter, my question is the plastic vacumme hose that comes of the side of the airbox. What do you do with it ?. Put a little filter on it ?, Any ideas would be grande cheers.

Hi there,
Have removed my airbox for the moment and replaced it with a new cone filter, my question is the plastic vacumme hose that comes of the side of the airbox. What do you do with it ?. Put a little filter on it ?, Any ideas would be grande cheers.

Yeah, it's only for the Secondary Air Injecton system.

Slap a little filter on there. If you're stuck for a temp fix, make a temp filter out of a pair of tights and a cable tie until you can get a pukka one.

Sweet dude , going to have to mod a little one to fit i guess .

Lol seems like a quality fix to me :p . Any idea on sizes ?,
Just measured and its like 2.3 cm :S. Im guessing if i get a 25mm one that should squeeze in ?.

Yeah, otherwise just trim to fit..... I'd love to say 'Here's one I made earlier' right about now.....

Lol, Just been looking around neck id im guessing is what im looking for . So ( neck id : 25mm ) sorry to be a dumb *** but that could mean a number of things lol.
****** hell i think cheap ebay one here im not paying 20 quid for a decent one when it doesn't do anything .
This is where you tell me an expensive one is vital !.

Ordered a 12mm one as thats what the guy recommend it will probs be wrong lol but owell worth a punt for 6 notes.

Alright Cawsey20,

What Cone did you put on there, Im looking for one, but can't see to find one I like.......
I don't want to be sucking in to much hot air from the block. I see cold air feed ones on ebay that look like you shove it behind the fog lights. but not sure.

Cheers

( s3 baby ), Ive just got a ****** one on there for the moment, Im going BMC or similar soon something with a nice cold air feed,
I still have more cold air going to it than my mates turbo civic does lol. Seems to be a nice lot of space in the s3 engine bay over that side :D.