A3 wiper mechanism

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Anyone got any suitable tips to unseize a wiper mechanism for the A3..... ive left it in a vat of oil/brake fluid for 2 days and its done sod all..... frickin cars doin my nut in now :wacko:

failing that has anyone got a spare mechanism sat around they would like to part with....

I'd be hitting it with something large....

Who cares if it doesn't work.... It's broken anyway.....

cheers Welly.... its the front mate..... i ended up giving it to my neighbour to take to his garage, he can get it moving but it just wont free up anymore.... he wacked it in the vice though and hammered it, nothing....so i told him to whip the motor off and i'll buy an ebay/scrappy set and sell the spare motor on the bay

cheers Welly.... its the front mate..... i ended up giving it to my neighbour to take to his garage, he can get it moving but it just wont free up anymore.... he wacked it in the vice though and hammered it, nothing....so i told him to whip the motor off and i'll buy an ebay/scrappy set and sell the spare motor on the bay

OK, sorry I couldn't help out :(

not a problem fella..... its not exactly a part you'd have lyin around, im gona ring round a few scrappies and see if i can source one before i go away

Funnily enough.. i have a brand new one sat in my toolbox.
I got it accidently, but kept it encase mine played up.
Is for a 2001 s3 if thats any help?

dooood that will be absolutely spot on...... same fit for S3/A3/Golf mk4/ Octavia's and Leons

what are you wanting for it? assuming you dont wana keep it as a spare....