S3, Insurance Quote, The missus. Need I say more?

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Have just done an insurance quote with the woman on the policy as well....

Now, a brief history. My driving licence in the past has been, shall we say, 'Colourful'.

I had 11 points for a little while (Whoops...) but over the last four years, those have dropped away back to 0.

I pay 670 for my insurance now, Fully Comp with Adrian Sucks (Flux). I didn't think that was too bad to be honest.

Anyway, just did a confused.com quote for myself, and prices came out a little higher than that so I was happy. I thought I'd see how much it would cost to insure the girlfriend as well, the price dropped by nearly £170 quid.

One question. How?

The problem being now, that I'm going to have to do it at renewal time to save money. But then she will be able to drive my car. And that frankly, scares me.

A lot.

She doesn't have to know she's insured on it .....:eyebrows:

She doesn't have to know she's insured on it .....:eyebrows:

This is a good point... But I'd feel bad because she really wants to drive it. She's got a 1.4 flat diesel 206, which is painfully slow.

She'd only drive the S3 once I suspect, become very scared of it, and never drive it again....

Yeah, it's daft, I am the same as you, had lots of points (bans as well) got a clean card now but it still works out a bit cheaper with the missus on (not alot in my case as I'm 35 with 5 yrs NCB)
It only cost me an extra £80 to put her on the Evo as well, strange thing is she won't drive the S3 but she would the Evo :ermm:

Sounds the norm, the insurance premium goes down when you add a female driver on it... maybe insurance companies think couples are more responsible drivers?

My missus has insurance on my S3, she rarely uses it though. :)

It only cost me an extra £80 to put her on the Evo as well, strange thing is she won't drive the S3 but she would the Evo :ermm:

Anyone whose driven an Evo finds it addictive, the power delivery of one, especially when the boost comes in is pretty addictive! :racer:

Yeah, always the same way :( shame really, as insuring my wife led to 2 months of car nightmares for me when she tried to squash my A4 to the length of an A3.

You could be sneaky and tell her that it costs a lot more to add her, but that you will let her be insured as a birthday present to her? :) Win win there! (with a bit of a loss as she's insured on your pride and joy, but oh well)

I had my mum and dad on my insurance and had to say i was still living at home (north wales) not liverpool. Im 25 with 0 points 3 years licence and no claims and was over £1000

If they werent on it it would of been stupid amounts

Anyone whose driven an Evo finds it addictive, the power delivery of one, especially when the boost comes in is pretty addictive! :racer:

Yeah I do miss it loads, was kind of hoping a remap on the S3 may get me back near that though... my 5 was pretty stadard & only running 310bhp.

i got my girlfriend on my policy, cost an extra £100 quid because she is slightly younger (12), Its handy to have her as designated driver, although she does seem to aim for the massive pot holes (cant see over the wheel) and isnt very confident with 6 gears, as her car was a 4spd corsa lol.

I always add my mother onto my insurance, do anything to bring it down. sadly S3 is my second vehicle so have no NCB on it.

Normally the Named driver is only 3rd party when added to a policy i think? If she does find out she is on the policy you can always scare her off with the cost of replacing the car!

Oh and girlfriend is partially blind in one eye and hates cars. So am I fudge going to insure her on my car!

I wonder if I should insure her on it . . . just to bring the premium down a bit . . . She'll never drive it, but saves a little moula eh?

I wonder if I should insure her on it . . . just to bring the premium down a bit . . . She'll never drive it, but saves a little moula eh?

My plans exactly.... Even though I might of accidentally put the fact I'm thinking about it on Facebook, and now she knows....

D'oh!

Fail.

2043-fail-camera.jpg

Mine went done £180 when i added my other half and then another £200 when i added my Dad !!

He said he would never get in it as it scares him just the thought of driving it as one of his work mates had one and took him out in his.

Try adding your mother or your father or both to it?

I added my girlfriend just now, also got the mother on there but she'll never find.

The girlfriend worked out why i wanted her D.O.B :)thumbsup:Nice bit of trouble for not knowing that) She is now asking for her own key and telling me she doesn't need my permission to drive it :sos:

She currently drives a 1.0ltr corsa 'Comfort', though i struggle to fined any part of that car that is remotely comfortable.

i think the insurance company see it as a good thing as you are sharing the risk so adding anyone else on your policy who is not in a worse insurance state should be cheaper. By adding a woman gives even more discount for the fact that females are seen to be a better risk over men.

I would say this is going off topic, but the original topic was hardly a strong one

Is it because of me that the thread went off topic? Please God let it be my turn...i've always wanted to be the cause of a thread turning into a classic audi-sport.net downhill into doom!

Oh a side note, those fail pictures are amazing. I really must spend more time searching the internet for funny stuff.

i think the insurance company see it as a good thing as you are sharing the risk so adding anyone else on your policy who is not in a worse insurance state should be cheaper. By adding a woman gives even more discount for the fact that females are seen to be a better risk over men.

The classic 'Never had an accident, but seen thousands' scenario....

Is it because of me that the thread went off topic? Please God let it be my turn...i've always wanted to be the cause of a thread turning into a classic audi-sport.net downhill into doom!

Oh a side note, those fail pictures are amazing. I really must spend more time searching the internet for funny stuff.

No, don't do it. Doing that, ASNing and other bits and bobs seems to take up a LARGE portion of my work day these days...

However, there is a wealth of funny stuff out there in the wild :)