Sticky climate control buttons

sportstractor

Chugger
Reaction score
Not sure if this is a common thing, but I find a couple of the buttons stick on my climate control panel, mainly the recirc button and the 'auto' button. They seem to stop sticking when the car is hot inside. Is it possible to clean the switchgear out at all on these panels?

Thanks in advance

I would try some air duster first and use it to blow around the outside.... Worth a go at least - easier than taking the panel apart.

An air line would also work.

You can actually pop all of the buttons out, using a sharp, flat knife, like a kitchen knife.

I removed a number of the buttons to change them for better condition ones.

I would try some air duster first and use it to blow around the outside.... Worth a go at least - easier than taking the panel apart.

An air line would also work.

just tryed that welly but it seems its not dust, seems to be some kind of glue, maybe from the display screen. And when it heats up is freeing the switch. But on a plus side I fixed my cupholder, but that was after it flew into about 10 bits

I used a really thin piece of plastic with a small amount of water on it to scoop out the goo from my buttons. I think the previous owner had spilt coke down the cup holder and CC unit, 'cos both were sticking badly.

yeah staring to think it could be coffee as that is what the cupholder was goo'ed up with. tryed a think bit of metal, didnt seem to budge it, its proper sticky. Must be starbucks coffee