S3 Quattro & TT Quattro suspension - Are they identical?

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
As title, just wondering.....

I.E. Could you but a suspension kit for a TT Quattro and fit it to an S3 Quattro?

The rear is the same I believe, but the fronts are different. The S3 has slotted front suspension arms which allows for camber adjustment and has a slightly wider track to fill those wider arches I believe, not 100% sure on the rear though...

I usually face this problem every single time i want to buy any piece for my S3 since S3 8L wasnt introduced in the USA and no one is able to really answer those questions on TT and S3 fitments. One thing i am 90% sure of is that the springs, shocks, arb's, brakes and downpipe will fit.
Here is the kit i was going to order, i consider this a pretty much good deal. 850$ for the shocks and the ARB's is a good price?

I usually face this problem every single time i want to buy any piece for my S3 since S3 8L wasnt introduced in the USA and no one is able to really answer those questions on TT and S3 fitments. One thing i am 90% sure of is that the springs, shocks, arb's, brakes and downpipe will fit.
Here is the kit i was going to order, i consider this a pretty much good deal. 850$ for the shocks and the ARB's is a good price?

You need parts for a Mk1 TT225 when it comes to suspension components and engine tuning, it should all fit.

front and rear dampers are the same number with KW suspension

looks like the spring rates may be different though

When i contacted "Koni" they confirmed that the suspension parts they make for TT quattro and S3 quattro are the same, same fitting same spec,
Part number might be different but it is the same part.
For example, i think bilstein sport damps fits on mercedes S and CL class...i read that on a seller site somewhere

this does sound like a job for Welly tbh

it sounds like itll all fit on but the spring rates may be different, but i cant say how different

Right then Welly, as you are the ASN ginea pig I think you need to purchase a TT suspension kit and see if it fits :p

this does sound like a job for Welly tbh

it sounds like itll all fit on but the spring rates may be different, but i cant say how different

OK, may well give it a go. Will have some dosh at the end of the month when the Blue S3 gets gone, so I'll be on it like Sonic.

This is the kit I have been looking at. I've had nothing but good experience with PI shocks & springs in the past so am happy to go with them again.

http://www.carperformanceuk.co.uk/t...kit-that-lowers-25mm-c-9350-p-2-pr-30152.html

Plus this company is in Sharpness Docks, which I can see from my house, so will go and collect from them!

Good man :thumbsup:

Will you be purchasing some adjustable tie bars too?

Will I f**k. I don't believe in them. Give me rubbish camber any day..... That can at least be the testing for that other thread on which we were all discussing rear camber!

'We is nobbin 2 birds with 1 connie innit'

Lol.

+ Two thanks for you for a; being a little furry animal that people run tests on and b; for changing the Homer quote!

TTS said I could use TT shocks on my S3, and after market springs. I dont think you can use oem TT springs as theres about 8 differnent types depending on which model you have. Ess3 confirmed that the neuspeed ARB's listed for the TT quattro will fit the S3 (Awesome GTI conformed this).

wow u'd of thought poeople would know this by now on here...

Im all up for gettin welly a couple beers :) that little wiskered beast!

Welly you complete Leg End. ASN collectively owes you many beers. :beerchug:

wow u'd of thought poeople would know this by now on here...

Im all up for gettin welly a couple beers :) that little wiskered beast!

No worries guys, I don't mind piloting things to be honest.

I don't see why they wouldn't fit to be fair, I would check vag cat but it's been broke for ages now and I can't get on it which sucks :(.

If they don't, then I'll just sling them on ebay!

To be fair, not many suspension manufacturers actually do a suspension kit for the S3 at all, and I can't understand why!

No they're not identical.

The dampers will most likely be deopending on make but the springs won't. The TT is lighter so spring rates will be different.

Damian @ DPM Performance

No they're not identical.

The dampers will most likely be deopending on make but the springs won't. The TT is lighter so spring rates will be different.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks for clearing that up mate - makes life a lot easier.

Its great to have a discussion about it, but none of us really know, where as you do!

:thumbsup:

does that mean the TT shocks can be used with standard S3 springs (or eibach one's if wanted to go lower)???