Looks like the Blue S3 is sold...

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Well, after having it for a little while now (for all those who didn't know, it was bought as a 'fixer upper') it is finally going.

Bought for £2950. Total repair bill was £620 (Including new turbo and MOT).

My mate is going to buy it off me for £4800, which is less than I wanted to be fair, but mates rates and all that...

Still, will be sad to see it go actually, as I like it. But at least I will get to see it, and no doubt do some work on it in the future....

Last edited:
A k and a quarter profit is no shy profit in anyone's books pal! Well in and will make a great motor for someone!

A k and a quarter profit is no shy profit in anyone's books pal! Well in and will make a great motor for someone!

This is very true mate. My brother has been driving it for a little while, as he was in between cars, and he loved it.

He had an S3 8L about 5 years ago, and I think he preferred it this time round to last!

******* wouldn't buy it though. LOL.

Lol, well you know what they say; once you become a **** (BMW driver), you never go back.

Just realised I've insulted your brother, but you did too.

Time for another Homer quote pal.

I don't think i've seen the blue one, any pics anywhere of it? And profit sounds good mate, not bad at all.

Lol, well you know what they say; once you become a **** (BMW driver), you never go back.

Just realised I've insulted your brother, but you did too.

Time for another Homer quote pal.

LOL, I had a BMW too matey!

Still, that's OK...... I can be a **** at times..... :thumbsup:

I don't think i've seen the blue one, any pics anywhere of it? And profit sounds good mate, not bad at all.

Bought from another ASN member who was having issues with it.

It had a new engine November last year (not sure of mileage, but have seen the bores, and it is a LOW miler!!) and the turbo went pop.

I bought it off the guy and drove it back from Liverpool. Had the turbo off the next day and there was some kind of foreign object in there, jamming it. Was a bit poorly anyway to be fair!

Here is the project thread: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?93934-Welly-s-latest-S3-project...

Lol! Forgot about that! I'll just go get my foot out of my mouth.

Clarkson seems to think Audi drivers are ***** these days, so we're all ***** together!

Was the Minger standard pal?

Lol! Forgot about that! I'll just go get my foot out of my mouth.

Clarkson seems to think Audi drivers are ***** these days, so we're all ***** together!

Was the Minger standard pal?

As standard as the day she was made matey. Lovely example - it's been well look after. Interior is in fantastic condition, front bumper is a bit gash with stone chips, and she is dying for a polish.

I expect I'll give it a good polish with my orbital buffer before my mate has it, I like them to go looking their best when I sell cars (stupid I know).

OOh, nice rebuild thread! Just spent 30 mins or so of works time, doh!

Glad you got it sold too. That random object in the turbo was a tad strange wasn't it!!

clearly shows low mileage means naff all and that a low number on the odo blinds people to stupidity given the fact its already lunched one turbot!

lovely profit though. made similar on my S4, but i got to knock about in that for 6-7 months

enjoy it fella....profits like that are few and far between :)

Cheers dude, that shall be being spent whilst on Holiday in a few weeks time I expect. Any left over will be going on new suspension and most likely a silicone TIP, as I really need one....

OOh, nice rebuild thread! Just spent 30 mins or so of works time, doh!

Glad you got it sold too. That random object in the turbo was a tad strange wasn't it!!

Cheers dude, I like to do threads for that sort of thing, there is usually something interesting in them, and it helps people see that doing things like changing turbos isn't really that hard with the right tools and a bit of know-how.

If you want to see a rebuild thread, have a gander through the one for my Bumblebee.... LOL. That was a thread and then some - what a pain in the **** job it turned out to be....

Here it is: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?88861-More-S3-Drama&highlight=more+s3+drama

Prepare to lose about an hour and a half of works time reading it though.... LOL.

Well, she went last night. I gave it a nice polish before he picked it up, bless it.

Battery was dead as a door nail though. I've got what I thought was quite an entertaining photo....

jumpstart.jpg

I expect he will be a new member on here soon - god help us all.

Can I add the caption "Who's jumping who?"??

Lol, good news buddy. Now go and celebrate on hols.

Now go and celebrate on hols.

LOL, I plan to mate, off in 8 days thank god, this is my last week at work.... :thumbsup:

I am also celebrating by buying some new suspension today - as mine is a bit poorly. And maybe treat myself to a Silicone TIP too. And maybe a private plate.

(Money burns a hole in my pocket)

That makes two of us pal, I just don't have it spare for the car at the moment!!

What you going to buy chap?

Going with a Gmax kit I've found.... We shall see what they are like. I've used them religiously on all my old motors, and haven't let me down yet, so fingers crossed.