De-cat

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering where I can get a de-cat for my 1996 a3 1.8t ? Is it worth knocking out the centre I just couldn't believe the restrictiveness of the downpipe behind the turbo
I'm having a custom exhaust built soon and they said it would be cheaper to buy a decat then for them to make one? Any help apreiciated guys

Sweet looks just what I want it says fits 1998 onwards but it should fit a 1996 surely? If not I'm sur they can adapt it for me cheers welly

Same housing, just K04 internals IIRC, so would take the same downpipe.

Bit off topic but I've often wondered if removing the centre box would give a slightly more aggressive exhaust note ?

what if it has a ko3s turbo?

Same housing, just K04 internals IIRC, so would take the same downpipe.

K03S is exactly the same shape chassis as the K03 (with the exception of the cold side outlet), however has a more efficient and better design compressor wheel than the K03.

The K03 compressor wheel has12 blades, the K03S only has 8, and they have a deeper pitch. Basically, it is a revised model of the K03-011 (which was fitted to most K03 VAG engine). The K03-052, 053 and 058 are the revised (K03S) models.

Not quite a K03 with K04 internals, although they can be bought as a hybrid.

Picture of the two compared:

k03s-k03.jpg

In answer to your question, yes, itt will fit. Any downpipe that fits a K03 WILL fit a K03S.

Bit off topic but I've often wondered if removing the centre box would give a slightly more aggressive exhaust note ?

Yes it will, removing any silencing from the exhaust system will increase the level of volume at the tailpipe.