2003 S3 Double Din to Single Din Fascia

SWAMP DONKEY

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Ive got a 2003 S3 8L and am looking to remove my double din Audi symphony stereo and replace it with an Alpine single din head unit.

Ive seen alot of fascias on various websites, there seems to be confusion (car year etc) as to which fascia i need for the job.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks in advance to any responses

Some one was looking to do the opposite to yourself fairly recently. Have a look back for a couple of pages and there might be someone you could swap with.

There isn't a double din facia available for the 8L A3/S3... the closest one I found was an A4 one but that would need modifying to fit and quite frankly looks rubbish... I ended up using original parts and converting mine to single DIN that way.... result is much better looking IMO..

<tuffty/>

Interested in swapping? I want double din and currently have the single din setup.

Could swap cages and Climate Control units, making us both happy?

Interested in swapping? I want double din and currently have the single din setup.

Could swap cages and Climate Control units, making us both happy?

Its how I did mine tbh... lot of stuff to remove though but will ultimately look better...

<tuffty/>

Im sorry mate, im going to have to decline you offer.
Ill be wanting to keep all the standard parts for future sale of the car.
Your offer is much appreciated though
cheers

but if you swap with JD you will have the single DIN standard parts for resale including his head unit :)

the benefit of having double over single is neither here nor there for most buyers...... only thing id be checking on is the amount of scratches on the climate consoles as most of these cars nowadays have nail scratches on the buttons