Attention: S3 Owners with 19" rims

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Hey all

Me again about wheels.
Looking at 8.5 x 19

Wondering if those of you with aftermarket 19" rims get any rubbing problems or if this is all ok. Also is it a very hard ride on a 225/35/19 (i think)

Thanks

Tanya

Tanya
I have had rubbing on the arches on one occasion, and at that stage I had 5 in the car and was having it large round a roundabout. Other than that, Ive had no problems at all. As for the 235/35/19 tyres, the ride is firmer but not bad. It can get a bit thunderous and harsh on truly awful roads (heavily pot-holed), but you really don't notice it normally. I believe If you use poly bushes with the 19's and uprated suspension you might be in danger of rattling your teeth out. I have uprated shocks, uprated and lowered springs and uprated ARB's all with standard bushes, and have no problems with a harsh ride.
If you want to see how it looks with 19's on, there are some photos of it in the trading post as it's for sale.
And below.
Hope this helps you
GBH
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Yep bril, that helps. Makes me want them even more haha.
Sorry did u say you had it lowered on 19's??
I wouldnt be uprating shocks though just standard ones.

Yes it is lowered 30mm on Eibach springs. I can't tell you about lowered springs on standard shocks because I did it all at once. Good luck with your purchase.
p.s. I might sell my 19's if you want to part ex your wheels? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
Cheers
GBH

I shall think about it thanks.
Am really looking at the kahn rs-c 2 piece rims

very very. i have a quote for me of 2k but need 2 get it down more than that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
really love them.