Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

what downpipes are people using for a3 agu engines

thinking to upgrade my downpipe as i have a decat system already and fitting a ko3 this summer as mines smoking just thought well if exhaust is off etc why not upgrade downpipe but stumped on what options or which way to go about it

2. # ADS
    ADS

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1kid View Post
    thinking to upgrade my downpipe as i have a decat system already and fitting a ko3 this summer as mines smoking just thought well if exhaust is off etc why not upgrade downpipe but stumped on what options or which way to go about it
    I guess you mean fitting a K03S?

Just buy one of these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-GTi-Be...#ht_2406wt_911.

OK, you have a decat already, but that's a bargin, and is bolt on and go. Perfect fit. Great bit of kit. Cheap too.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    how have you got a decat without a downpipe? the only way to do that would be to fit a dp/decat pipe,

unless it's a bodge job where someone has pointlessly cut out the cat from the standard downpipe- the most pointless mod possible, as it's the downpipe that's restrictive, not the cat.....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Neutral

Status
    good point prawn i need to have a good look under the car tomorrow ive only had a quick look but usually when you kill a car with a cat doesnt it stink of egg lol

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    not really, it'll only smell of egg if it's over fuelling..... If it's running right it won't smell at all no matter how you drive it.

the standard cat isn't restrictive at all really, not compared to the standard downpipe,

So, if someone HAS cut the cat out on the standard downpipe then they're a clueless muppet who's done something based on ******** they've heard in the pub!

Get a 3'' DP and Decat on there and let it breath out properly!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.