How can i beat this quote its insane?

Bignick

Reaction score
I'm getting really bord of my 1.8T now and i wanted to go for a KO4 with a decent map, After looking at this i might as well by an S3 which i dont think the misses will go for. Any suggestions would be good?

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your enquiry ref your A3.

I would recommend going for a KO3s hybrid over the KO4 as the KO4 requires a lot more parts and is not direct bolt on like a KO3s hybrid. Gains would be around the same too.

Price wise you would be looking at

· Hybrid turbo - £1095 + vat
· Removing old turbo and refitting new - £240 + vat
· Turbo fitting kit, oil feed pipe, gaskets seals, oil etc -£110 + vat
· Turbo Intake pipe - £121 + vat
· 4 Bar pressure regulator - £50.21
· S3 Injectors – new these are around £300 each! I would suggest sourcing some second hand ones
· AmD Re-map to suit modifications - £424.68 + vat
· To maximise power and be able to up the boost it is also recommended to fit a boost controller this is £250 + £120 for fitting.

Hope that helps but if you do have any further questions please do not hesitate in contacting me.

send your turbo off to cr turbos or someone alike, that costs about £600 for them to hybrid it, so thats £500 knocked off, youd save loads doing it yourself too, you need a fmic !

For the price of the upgrade, I think buying an S3 is better value in my opinion, depends how much you want 4WD(if you can call it that), and higher running costs in general.

that's an INSANE price quote.

here's what you should do:

CR turbos ko3/4 hybrid: £600
Turborevs ebay FMIC: £200
S3 injectors: £100
S3 MAF housing £50ish
Ebay 3''DP/decat £100
Autobahn88 TIP £80
Rtech custom map £400

Much much much cheaper. AMD also forgot to mention you need the downpipe, S3 maf, and a FMIC.

Muppets

Have aways wondered about the financial logic of modifying an A3 over the cost of buying an S3, I understand the enjoyment of modding, but do think the S3 represents much better bang per buck than modding an A3

Without wishing to start another one of 'these' threads, the arguement is, that for a given price, you can have either a modified A3, or a standard S3.

The modified A3 for std S3 money will be much faster than the S3, and handle better, and be much more exciting to drive.

That argument of course goes out of the window when you start doing similar mods to the S3, but to buy and properly modify an S3 will cost you in the region of £10k, compared to about £5k to buy and mod an A3.....

Thanks for all your input guys, it dose have a FMIC already and a 3" DP. So when i make my mind up what to do i'll let you know and post the results. Its currently putting out 201 bhp but that was done over 2 years ago so should be quite interesting.