S3 Owners

S3mad

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Good morning all ,

I had a s3 a while back and went a got a audi a2 but thinking of getting a audi s3 again ....

how many of you guys have audi s3's and have new born kids ?

Last edited:
Good morning all ,

I had a s3 a while back and went a got a audi a2 but thinking of getting a audi s3 again ....

When kids arrive I am going to sell my S3 and get an RS4! Think you will struggle with the heavy Recaro seats and the lack of room to get into the back with it only being a 3 door.
Jamie

Yup, sounds like a perfect time to buy a S4 or RS4 mate!

i thought about this and think that it isnt mandatory....i wont be changing for my first

other thing to consider which i have..... is that the RS4 and S3 are entirely different beasts regards running costs.....trade RS4 front discs alone cost £450!!! 15-20 MPG, and the chaps on the RS4 part all seem to have monthly problems with their cars (older models) - thats whats taken me off the scent for a bit :( although id love one!!

Well im not sure i really want another S3 but not sure if it will be to much of a pain with a baby seat and isofix base

I had the s3 with a newborn pram fitted in the boot fine and still had plenty of space with puting the car seat in and out

Ok ,

so it wasnt too much of a pain then ?

Good morning all ,

S3 with a 2 year old for me. No issues to report....

Ok did you have the car since new born ?

Ok cool ,

i bought a a2 its amazing on fuel but i dont like the ride ...

Not got any kids myself but reguarly take my nephew in the car.

No problems with the seat, best to get it in and leave it in from what I found though.

Yes. I have one S3, one 3-year old daughter, one 2-year old daughter (birthday today in fact) and another baby on the way. My S3 is fine because they never get in it. That's what the Mondeo Estate is for!!

Seriously though, I have put a child seat in the back of it once, and it was a bit of a struggle. But it was worth it just to hear Ellie saying "go faster again Daddy"!

what's so hard about moving a seat forward, get a S3

pretty much sums it up though. sounds like there is a bigger excuse lurking in the background

but yeah, failing that, S4

If we didn't have another car to travel about with the kids I'd have been looking at S4's instead, 4 door cars are alot easier to get kids/seats in & out of, trust me, we've tried it. I have taken the baby seat in my car, it fits but it's a right PITA to get in & out IMO. Booster seats are fine.

My sister has a 3 door clio and gets her iso fix seat in and out of that with ease and gets a push chair in the back, she borrowed my parents 5 door clio and said it was more awkard as the front seat doesnt tilt out the way like they do in the 3 door. The S3 has a bigger boot than a clio and more room in the back so you'll be fine. We had the baby seat in the back of my S3 ok the other day but didnt have the isofix base to use but still managed ok but using the seat belt to secure it was a bit of a pain. But an S4 would be a good alternative but even the S4 will have higher running costs than the S3, but you can get B5 S4's well cheap these days

I put my nephews etc in the back of my a3 with no bother. Massive boot for all the child related crap in too. Nilz is a new dad so im sure he will be along soon.

Can fit two car seats in the back for a 2year old and 4 year old no probs.

When had a new born we had a Jane seat that unfolder flat so took up the entire back seat - had to angle it to take it out bt no probs.