Thumping oh the thumping!

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
Hmm OK listen up Miltek owners!

Anybody have any issues with your rear back box thumping the rear valance that say AMD or your fitter cut out?

Its like a constant thumping everytime I go over bumps - checked the back box and sure enough the pipes have black marks on them where the plastic is melting on every thump.

Want to take it back to AMD - but the drive is a nightmare from where I live and I dont want to be dragged around Bicester Shopping retail Village anymore by my other half! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Take a scalpal to the bumper and shave off some more plastic!

Rich

Oh yeah forgot to ask also...

What bracket is there on the exhaust that holds it up on the rear back box as AMD say that mine didnt have one but shouldnt be a problem - Obvioulsy is a problem ^^^ as above post states. Audi part number and pics would be welcome. Thx

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Rich did you have to cut more off?

[/ QUOTE ]

My milltek is unique! they designed it on my car. Mine sits under the valance, not through it which eliminates this problem. Also they didnt stop with adjustments until it was absolutely perfect.

Rich

Why did you go for a unique Pipe and how much did that set you back - curious? Do you think AMD will take another look then? Will have to give em a tinkle tommorow then I suppose.

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Its the name of a company that make exhausts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be more specific:

The name of a company that makes exhausts that don't fit very well, always bang and knock, and add no power whatsoever despite outlandish claims.

Their cats are also none too great fitting either...and cause engine check lights after only a couple of years...oh, and also add no power.

Great.

Oh, of course, these are my own findings...everyone tells me how good they are...yeah, right!

To give them their due, they have replaced the cats under warranty.
But the ill fitting exhaust has knocked for 3 1/2 years despite many re-hangings at Milltek dealers, and after many conversations with people at Milltek (including the owner) nothing has ever been done to solve the problem

So there it sits...squint. Knocking and banging like an old Sierra.
Not impressed.

I was speaking to Jon Nicholson from Miltek last week. They have re-designed the A3 downpipe and sports cat. Production started yesterday on the new one.

I'm getting one of the first. I guess I'll have to see how it goes.

o thanks 4 that, R u people getting the backbox only or the full system

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
I was speaking to Jon Nicholson from Miltek last week. They have re-designed the A3 downpipe and sports cat. Production started yesterday on the new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's nice of them.
Nice to see there was a problem wuith the Mk1 design that they are evidently not willing to fix for the people who put their faith in a so called quality producy, and already bought one!

I wonder if this is also the case for the ill fitting S3 stuff?

Is that your experience with an S3 pipe?

You have a diffrent version pipe than the normal A3 as you have a few more things, such as 4wd. The pipe is shaped diffrent to go around these issues.

As an update, AMD have agreed to take it in again on Saturday the 20th November to refit and fix the bracket. They pretty much guarnteed that it would not bang or knock anymore once they look at it. So until then I guess.

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Is that your experience with an S3 pipe?

You have a diffrent version pipe than the normal A3 as you have a few more things, such as 4wd. The pipe is shaped diffrent to go around these issues.

As an update, AMD have agreed to take it in again on Saturday the 20th November to refit and fix the bracket. They pretty much guarnteed that it would not bang or knock anymore once they look at it. So until then I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

No 4wd for me! its just an A3 1.8T Sport FWD.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Sorry Rich was refering to Ess Three. I know about your car m8 - I want it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Nope my fault should use that quote button but I have this habbit of being lazzy and using the blank down below rather than hitting one more button /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
Its the name of a company that make exhausts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's be more specific:

The name of a company that makes exhausts that don't fit very well, always bang and knock, and add no power whatsoever despite outlandish claims.

Their cats are also none too great fitting either...and cause engine check lights after only a couple of years...oh, and also add no power.

Great.

Oh, of course, these are my own findings...everyone tells me how good they are...yeah, right!

To give them their due, they have replaced the cats under warranty.
But the ill fitting exhaust has knocked for 3 1/2 years despite many re-hangings at Milltek dealers, and after many conversations with people at Milltek (including the owner) nothing has ever been done to solve the problem

So there it sits...squint. Knocking and banging like an old Sierra.
Not impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hummmm. Is this just an S3 Problem?

I don't 'appear' to have any issues with my S4, should I expect to?

im sure ive bored everyone with my problem from day one..

awesome have solved the prob for a temp solution

and miltek are designing a new one to fit as it should sometime soon hopefully.

I got my milltek downpipe and sports cat today, looks like a very good quality bit of kit at the mo. the cat is really small on it.

Time to bust out the spanners!

[ QUOTE ]
So there it sits...squint. Knocking and banging

[/ QUOTE ]

Miltek's are not the only ones that bang away Glen, my Magnex does exactly the same. It actually knocks the floor near the gear selector. Especially at full throttle around right handers - sometimes puts the sh#ts up me mid corner which is not good.

Seems this post has been bumped...

So should I not expect to drive away this saturday with a knock free car?

If this is the case I will prob put my stock exhast back on as I cant stand horible noises!