F@*&$^IN VOLUME !!!

TurboNut

Reaction score
Hello there..

I searched the forums and a LOT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif of ppl have been having this volume problem with the audi concert stero..

I currently have a 99 A3 T sport with a Concert I sterio with 6CD Boot changer and kinder egg audi sub, im looking to get a new HU.. instead of getting a direct replacement which will no doubt fail again due to it being built by romanian gypsies..does anyone know if the Concert II or any other audi type HU will work the same?? i.e. just a straight swop /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I seen these advertised on ebay and if they are a straight swop then i might purchase one..

Concert 2 CD - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38736&item=4501537622&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Concert 2 Tape - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38742&item=4501318619&rd=1

I think most people on here will agree with the fact that Audi HU's are...erm. no bad language... rubbish and the best suggestion is to replace it with something else. Anything else is better.

Same with me, only in cold weather. It's fine once the car is warmed up. I think it might be damp in the variable resister on the volume nob or something.

Has anyone taken one apart (concert I cassette tape) ?

I give the volume knob a rapid few turns up/down in the hope it helps clear it up a bit: this has always worked on things like tv volumes: a friend of mine had a tv and complained that the volume was crap and he could never hear it. I gave the knob a few rapid left/right turns and the speakers came back to life. Resistors do get junked up so I think this might also work for our car volumes.

Guys can we stick to the original question please... will the Concert 2 HU work the same as the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/[censored].gif concert 1 ????????

........no...... I'm pretty sure they don't. Or you have to do a load of rewiring.