Chris NottEM Tuning

Thread: fault codes

sixth gear

Status

fault codes

went to amd essex yesterday had some boost problems.had a new forge diverter fitted,new turbo hose as the old one was perished.they also found another hose had split under the manifold.what a difference all this has made to the car.feels like it did when i first had it tuned at mrc.still got one annoying little fault which is most noticeable when driving 30-40 mph the car seems to hesitate for a split second every now and then.hasten to add it was doing this before i took it to amd.before i came away amd gave me a list of fault codes they found on the car before they did all the work.i know some of these codes were probably down to losing boost through the faulty hoses.there are a couple though that could be the cause of my problem.any experts out there that might be able to tell me ?

fault code 16717 knock sensor 2(g66) signal to high intermittent
    16518 oxygen lambda sensor b1 s1 no activity intermittent

any ideas chaps
    S3 TUNED AT MRC

2. # ADS
    ADS

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    16518 means that the lambda sensor that is located before the cat, might need replacing. Normally a skilled mechanic can test if it's the sensor or the heating element. Either way, that's where you need to start looking. I'd check connections to the sensor first, because it says the issue is intermittent.

16717 is discussed here >>> http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...7/P0333/000819
    Last edited by leshkin; 8th June 2010 at 21:13.

sixth gear

Status
    thanks leshkin do think either of these faults would cause my problem
    S3 TUNED AT MRC

Speeding in reverse gear

Status
    I wouldn't know mate, but the lambda sensor gets heavily involved in controlling air/fuel mixture, so I would not dismiss it.

Have you anyone nearby with vcds, or the like, to log the car while this is happening?

sixth gear

Status
    dont think there is anyone nearby.its not a big problem at the moment and i dont use the car for work.it just puts some doubt in your mind when thinking of using the car for long journeys.irritating when your cars not running smoothly.maybe another trip to amd then
    S3 TUNED AT MRC