me again people, earth strap question

jonny87

Reaction score
...yes, im still here boys and girls,

had a very 'turbulent' couple of months, trying to sell the motor (unsucsessfully) working all hours god sends, 60hrs most weeks and then my my girlfriend dropping a bit of bombshell on me along with all the usual ***** that life chucks at me, as a result i am now keeping the s3 for the short term at least and back to smoking 20 fags a day after having quit for over 6 months!

i see the forum has changed, again, not had chance to browse through it totally yet but what i have seen so far looks spot on:respekt:

anyway, back on topic, im trying to locate the earth strap that is somewhere on the rear axle, possibly on the rear diff? read through a couple of old threads earlier but couldnt find a definate answer so any help much appreciated, as always

cheers
jon

Sorry to hear your stress mate. I've recently gone through some GF stress and I've lost a load of weight due to it so I know how you feel.

You've probably seen my posts on this mysterious earth strap? I posted a photo of what I thought looked like a new piece of kit on my rear diff after a service but nobody could confirm that it was the earth strap or not. When do you need to know by?

Sorry to hear your stress mate. I've recently gone through some GF stress and I've lost a load of weight due to it so I know how you feel.

Hope your ok too westle mate!

Nice to see you Jon! Chin up, things are sent to try us.

Westle - you need to buy COD6 and play online with me now I've added you on the PSN....

Anyway, the earth strap. I remeber seeing your photo Westle, but can't remember ever hearing much else about it to be fair....

Welly I only bought the PS3 due to my situation and having loads of free time on my hands now. Saw you login last night. I'm a bit of a trophy whore so I'm collecting all the ones in Battlefield 2 before I buy COD. Been squading up with a mate of mine too which is a laugh.

Anyway back on subject, I'll ask my mech who fitted the new earth strap to mine.

cheers for the link gops, hadnt read that thread

for the moment im gunning for the earth strap due to the nature of the symptons, had it plugged in using a snap on computer and it chucked a couple of codes but cleared and didnt come back, untill 2 days ago it threw the same codes, my mate said they are as if they had all been unplugged at some point, making me think bad earth, i know from driving when my 4wd is and isnt working, its painfully obvious when driving hard around bends :(

westle if you could ask your mate where its located that would be ace, ive been underneath many a time now and cant see it making me think it could be on top of the diff?

thanks for all the replies guys

no i dont think so mate, didnt see any pics in the threads ive read anyway...

if you could find it for me mate i would be a very happy chappy :)