clutch/brakefluid leak somewhere 1999 S3?

ollyste

Reaction score
Just a quick one....only yesterday had to call out RAC for the first time and not being a member..D`OH!... had to join there and then to be told the reason for the clutch pedal being stuck to the floor and not returning by itself..is it happens to be hydraulic!!
Thought from experience of having a similar problem years ago( R5GT turbo) that it was a clutch cable or something from that(4x btw) when only it needed was some clutch/brake fluid top as they both shared the same reservoir...to be fair he must of used nearly a full bottle of DOT4 stuff and said you must have a leak somewhere in the system although nothing visible from underneath(nor my driveway) and bled the system the clutch pedal assumed its normal position ...its just hit the 100,000 miles mark and i thought that maybe i could get a heads up on where its most likely to start leaking from? I must admit i have ignored the warning on the dash(red) for no more than a week.and just took a look at the pads all round assuming it was a fault in a sensor or somekind and only had the car for about 6 yrs lol......
Cheers Steve