Vag Com Logging which measuring blocks tell me if the car is doing what it should??

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I did a few searchs ( before i get told off )
But i didnt realy find a straight forward answer...
My car is a 2001 S3 with a few mods and a phase 3 map,
I have vag com ... i think its only the 311.2 version or something and just wondered which groups of 3 measuring blocks i should log together to show wether the car is running spot on and if it has been mapped correctly.
Also... once i have logged these blocks how do i go about posting the logs so people alot cleverer than me can take a look??

Many thanks :sos:

From 3rd gear, 2000rpm to redline

1. 002 031 115

2. 002 115 119

3. Take note of the two values of block 032 when idling after the run

002 : Airflow
031 : Lambda actual value vs Lambda specified value
115 : Boost pressure specified value vs Boost pressure actual value
119 :
Duty cycle boost pressure control valve vs Boost pressure before throttle valve

ps is your S3 really pink?

Thankyou,
Although i wish it was... its not..
and its not realy got as much power as my sig says...
Its much less :laugh:

So which blocks would you log to show if an intercooler upgrade was working well?
Intake temps v ??

Block 118 will give you AIT's, will also show actual boost too so you can see how AIT's are affected under boost... logging block 020 is useful while doing AIT's as you can see if any timing pull you get maybe related to higher AIT's... Block 112 gives you EGT's....

<tuffty/>

Thankyou paul.
Hoping this will help others too

Block 118 will give you AIT's, will also show actual boost too so you can see how AIT's are affected under boost... logging block 020 is useful while doing AIT's as you can see if any timing pull you get maybe related to higher AIT's... Block 112 gives you EGT's....

<tuffty/>

tuffty what would you consider a unhealthy timing pull. After logging mine I was getting a 6-7 on cyl 4, and 4-5 on cylinder 3 between 4100 - 5200 rpm? Cyl 1 and 2 remain on zero

3's ideally, 6's at a push (as long as its not all the time) but if you get more I would look into why you are getting them...

Timing pull is going to be more in the hotter weather unless you have a good FMIC... recent S3 in the workshop had an APR stage 2 but didn't have a FMIC fitted... was pulling 9's IIRC... ouch!

<tuffty/>