99 spec A3 Help please ?

Lings

Reaction score
Hello and what a nice looking forum you have here:rock: .I have been viewing the forums for some time and now need to register and get involved ,Sorry its my first post and its for help :blush: .I will be around for some time beleive me .Anyway here goes
So i have a 99 v reg se spec 1.6 a3 .The central locking didnt work when i purchased it and the alarm is draining the battery the drivers side window motor is not working ? maybe these are all linked ? .Ok so i worked out the pump on the car is not working, As i have two A3 'S And popped the older (wifes car) pump in and it worked .anyway the original pump on the car is A 8LO 862 257 "P" . unfortunately the NEW ONE is = 8LO 862 257 "G" .i am quiet good with cars having just refitted a gearbox in this same car due to the 1.6 gearbox faults etc etc .The problem is i have a haynes manual and they are no where near as good as they used to be and i cannot find out how to try to reprogram the new central locking pump to this car .Is there any way i can do this without having to pay the dealers ? Also are the issues with the alarm all related to the central locking pump ?
Any help would be fully appreciated

Kind regards
Steve

Last edited:
You will need vagcom to reprogram the CL pump with Vagcom or simiar to match the original.

The window is prob dude to a faulty guide clip.

If you still want your account deleting please let us know.Ta