JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
    6th Gear

Status

99 spec A3 Help please ?

Hello and what a nice looking forum you have here .I have been viewing the forums for some time and now need to register and get involved ,Sorry its my first post and its for help .I will be around for some time beleive me .Anyway here goes
    So i have a 99 v reg se spec 1.6 a3 .The central locking didnt work when i purchased it and the alarm is draining the battery the drivers side window motor is not working ? maybe these are all linked ? .Ok so i worked out the pump on the car is not working, As i have two A3 'S And popped the older (wifes car) pump in and it worked .anyway the original pump on the car is A 8LO 862 257 "P" . unfortunately the NEW ONE is = 8LO 862 257 "G" .i am quiet good with cars having just refitted a gearbox in this same car due to the 1.6 gearbox faults etc etc .The problem is i have a haynes manual and they are no where near as good as they used to be and i cannot find out how to try to reprogram the new central locking pump to this car .Is there any way i can do this without having to pay the dealers ? Also are the issues with the alarm all related to the central locking pump ?
    Any help would be fully appreciated

Kind regards
    Steve
    Last edited by Lings; 6th June 2010 at 15:42.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    anyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    You will need vagcom to reprogram the CL pump with Vagcom or simiar to match the original.

The window is prob dude to a faulty guide clip.

If you still want your account deleting please let us know.Ta