Preston Newbie

Mak

Azure Blue S3
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I just thought id say hi as im new to the forum. I'll be attending gti international sat & sun, so hopefully get to meet some of you. Pick your brains abit too :yes:

Ive got a S3 in ming blue with BBS CH's few mods done already, ie - Milltek decat, Brembo GT conversion, K&N, Forge Hoses and Valve, S3 Private Plate... Think i'll do a few myself though too!

Hope to chat soon,

Ste Mak!

Welcome! I've seen your S3, it's a nice one:) Good to see the car is still local, are you going to lower it:yum:

Thanks sandip for the nice words, and good idea luke i'll post some now on my profile!

Plan b... I seem to not be able to post pics, im not sure if the size of them are too big:uhm:

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
I'll try this...

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01108.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01101.jpg

All comments welcome, be gentle lol:yahoo:

Still looks good Ste, think you've cleaned it:sly:

The only thing that car needs is a decent spring and damper set up:icon_thumright:

Yeah, defo... i'll be keeping an eye out at inters!

How do you knw the car? Did you know a previous owner or something? I Believe its been to Awesome gti at irlam a few times and by the look of the history, maybe more than a few times lol!

Yeah luke, its the first thing i did to it when i got it home, £24 from main stealers!
I think it gives the S3 a better look at the front also looks lower...:rock:

That is a good price, does it just click on or screw and are the holes already made for it? Is it from a Seat Stealers or VW AUDI stealers?

I just drilled a few holes in the upper lip of the splitter then measured the centre of the bumper and splitter, had the other half hold it in place then pilot drilled the under side of the bumper, Screwed it on, then you have to trim off about 1" from either end. The whole job took me about 10 mins in total. Really easy to fit it simply bends round the bumper lower edge to look oem, you never believe it was off a seat leon cupra R.
I bought mine from Seat/Hobin at preston, they even had it in stock!

I hope this helps, i also put one one my R32 a few yrs ago.

DSC00916.jpg

^ "I Soooo Miss this car" :crying: but, i had my 3 yr fun with it and it had to go!

Cheers will have to invest in one i think. BTW golf R32 looks very nice! What made you get rid of it? Also how do you compare S3 with R32? I have just got rid of Golf 25th Anniversary and enjoyed that very much.

Cheers will have to invest in one i think. BTW golf R32 looks very nice! What made you get rid of it? Also how do you compare S3 with R32? I have just got rid of Golf 25th Anniversary and enjoyed that very much.

Tbh, the S3 feels very simular to drive. The R32 was lowered though and handled a little different, but the S3 will be soon lol. Erm i can't really find alot of difference apart from the price tag. Ive had a few cars since the R32 that i had to sell to raise a few funds, but i can tell you this... I'll defo be sticking with vag from now on.

Are you going to inters?

Tbh, the S3 feels very simular to drive. The R32 was lowered though and handled a little different, but the S3 will be soon lol. Erm i can't really find alot of difference apart from the price tag. Ive had a few cars since the R32 that i had to sell to raise a few funds, but i can tell you this... I'll defo be sticking with vag from now on.

Are you going to inters?

When is it?

What is the acceleration like between the 2. I have had a few BMWs (130i and 325i) the 130i was a little quicker at high speeds because of the big light weight straight 3 litre engine, but on pick up to 80ish dont think there is much in it.

Yeah, defo... i'll be keeping an eye out at inters!

How do you knw the car? Did you know a previous owner or something? I Believe its been to Awesome gti at irlam a few times and by the look of the history, maybe more than a few times lol!

Your R32 looked sweet! I know the owner before the previous owner of your S3, he works at Awesome Gti:)

When is it?

What is the acceleration like between the 2. I have had a few BMWs (130i and 325i) the 130i was a little quicker at high speeds because of the big light weight straight 3 litre engine, but on pick up to 80ish dont think there is much in it.

Think the R32 hand longer gears and a little quicker through them tbh, so yeah, faster acceleration. I had it mapped at jbs/custom code at chesterfield though and didn't really think it was fast till i had that done.

I just think that VW should have turbo'd them, then they would have been a serious machine to play with. More and more people i know are turboing or charging them now, there should be a few at inters!

Your R32 looked sweet! I know the owner before the previous owner of your S3, he works at Awesome Gti:)

Thankyou for you kind words it was standard when i bought it. I did everything i wanted to it, still miss it though!
Also, whats his name? and does he still work at Awesome gti?

Yeah he still works at Awesome, his names Dean, the car was always looking good when he had it:) From what i know the car already had a map on it before he bought it, think it's mrc

Yeah not too far from Irlam, i think Dean would be quite pleased to see the car in good hands:)

Thanks for the info in the pm:beerchug:
Oh yeah, its definatly in good hands, high miles but was the best i could find for the money and spec. He'll be seeing it soon enough anyway, cause i'll use Awesome!

Hope to meet soon matey.

From preston myself Mak, lovely looking S3. Im sure i will see you knocking about Preston at some point

Great looking car, never been keen on lighter interiors, but the Ming Blue really works well with it.

I'm slightly more southern than you guys, but been in talks with Sandip to get a meet organised for the NW lot. Be great to meet some like minded folk!

Looks like a nice car you got there - was never a fan of the lighter interiors but there definetly growing on me now.

Looks like its had a facelift on the front end too. Reminds me of a car that used to belong to a user on here, Jon something iirc

I too am from Prestonia :) Quie alot of NW folk on here!

She's a ming blue with beige interior. LM's (Reps) though :( Couldnt simply justify the money on genuine LM's.

Mines been to CC/ JBS HQ couple of times for a Sachs clutch/ Phase two map. Quite pokey :)

Mines on a private reg too R33 JLC.

See you around pal :)

Too many Prestonians!!!! Hopefully not all PNE fans :unsure: :whistle2:. I myself an in the NW. Burnley to be precise! Like JD09 said it would be nice to meet up somewhere for a chat etc.

I would be up for meet would be nice to put some names to faces also get some good pics if weather good... Just who to sort it!!! :arco:

:iagree: When and where:)

I reckon bolton area as that is half way between Preston and Alderley Edge!!!:undwech:

We would also need other colours to make some great pics. Come on north westers!!!!

Bolton sounds OK to me. What we got so far? Ming Blue, Absolute Red, Nogaro Blue, Met Black and Avus Silver?

J

Trafford Centre could be a good call. Come on you North Westers with Goodwood Green and Imola Yellow!!

Sandip start a thread on meets, you been on here longer!!!!!!! I feel a bit shy lol!!!!

Trafford centre good for me, but could be a bit busy for good photos.....

I have been there one Wednesday evening for a meet with the MK1 owners club and we had a decent section of the lower car park to ourselves.

J

Sounds good then just need to get some dates sorted....

Just seen this and what a good looking S3! you sure its ming blue? looks alot lighter than mine but could be the light