Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Miltek Non Resonated Cat Back

Hi guys, iv just put a deposit down for my miltek exhaust, i have a pre-facelift a3 1999, and i was told by the guy in the garage that he wouldnt be able to cut the exhaust up in the bumper, as it is pre fabricated to sit at a certain height, does this sound correct?

as im a bit worried its gonna look really ****, being lipped under the bumper..

thanks..

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    if i was you id go for a custom exhaust, as i bought a miltek for my A3 when i owned that and it looked naff as the tail pipes come outand bend down over and sat way too low, the only way i could get round it was chop them off and get them welded on stright and cut a small section of the bumper, only thing is doing that it will void the miltek warrenty.

sorry this is the only pic i have

Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI Quattro Sport 2004

Neutral

Status
    Hi, oh ok, mm, iv put a deposit down now for the exhaust oh well il see what happens, thanks for your reply though it was very helpful..

thanks..

4th Gear

Status
    As long as the cut is precise with the length of the tail pipe, and has the right hanging then it should look nice, I would also make sure it is flush with the bumper when it is fitted, as milltek tend to expand and stretch, I have seen as much as 3-4cm from hard driving, and when cooled it goes back to its original place.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1